1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Siege EM?

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Czarina, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Czarina

Czarina Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Just out of curiosity I see all these other shards with thier EM's very active.

Do we have a EM on siege?

If not could i get some information on how one would apply to be a EM?

Thank you for your time.

ICQ 129290595 If anyone wants to send info over that.

2. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

3. Chardonnay

Chardonnay Visitor

Siege...the red headed step child of UO...

4. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

The problem it seems with Siege, is that once people become EMs they quit the game shortly afterward. It's what happened to me. (I was EM Exocet) It takes some time to learn the ropes as an EM, then it seemed the day after my EM character was ready, my real life got in the way. I haven't played the game since. I had big plans, but life got in the way. Sorry, I wasn't able to follow through. I would guess the same thing has happened to the other shard EMs as they have joined...then disappeared...la

5. Phantroneous

Phantroneous Journeyman

There is one problem you guys are not considering, the people in charge seem to feel that maybe siege doesn't need an E.M that there is no E.M that can handle siege because so many have failed. If you guys want some events you need to make sure the people in charge know that we want them to hire an E.M I myself want siege to have one like the other shards... no not like the other shards better than them we need better because siege is better, at least to me

6. Kael

Kael Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Siege has had its share of EM's......its just when they here people get discouraged when you go through all the work to do an event and all of 4 people show up :)

7. Raptor85

Raptor85 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Maybe that's a side effect of an EM not knowing what those on siege like? I mean, our guild alone has 5 ships out patrolling the seas for hapless mariners. (though granted the hour we're online is pretty spread out, we tend to be online 3 at a time)

Not everyone here is after cool lootz, pvp arena battles, or the like. Pvp tourney's may bring the ooo's and ahhh's on shards not used to having pvp, but on siege many of us would take one look and go back to fighting pirates or killing baracoon. There's also the time problem, There's many prodo shards but only one siege, so even those with poor pings or far offset on time play here. You can't exactly expect a huge group here anyways....but who cares, whoever shows shows and you have fun doing it.

We've had some minor success with player run events the past few weeks, getting a good number of people.....more after the first event. Pretty much showing the truth in "if you build it, they will come".

What we need is a Siege EM who's willing to actually hang out on Siege some and find out what the shard is like, we are VERY different from the other shards. (First thing that scares new people and makes them think the shard dead is the fact that luna is more or less abandoned and used for not much more than pvp)

8. Kael

Kael Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Our last couple of EM's were from Siege

One was a straight pvmer and the other was more pvp based

Both played only on Siege and were devoted to seeing Siege prosper...in fact both sponsored and ran events before the EM program returned to UO

9. Raptor85

Raptor85 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

huh...did not know that, I assumed they were from different shards as I gather that's the rules for the EM program now. (that and we haven't had an EM since I came back to UO a year ago, so I don't know them)

10. Kael

Kael Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

They needed to "bend" the rules when it came to a EM for Siege. The first couple were from different shards and thus their events were not suitable for the Siege ruleset