1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

(Question) Siege Events

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Skunk, Jul 5, 2013.

1. Skunk

Skunk Sage
    Stratics Veteran BREW

Do we have EM events our any other in game events on Siege? If so, how often?

2. Hoffs

Hoffs Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

Yes, we have EM events. I guess they average around one every two weeks, the last one being on June 22nd. Feel free to post in the Siege EM forum if you want want to speak to EM Troubadour.​
    Players events are fairly rare these days, unfortunately. Anything out of doors is likely to be disrupted by PKs.​

3. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Those are the best kind. They make your heart race and get your blood pumping again! Its why we play here. :p

4. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

There will be a player event the 4th Saturday this month and hopeful the next month too.
    It's a graduations event for one month old NEW2 members and the shard is invited.
    I will place an ingame book at NEW2 Inn in New Magincia and call in chat when the event start. There will also be a teleporter at the step of the Inn, going to my castle where the event take place.
    I exspect the main event to be 2 pm Est, that's 8 pm my time.
    At this events, NEW2 get a chances to speak with the guilds on Siege, as several of them will show up.
    If anyone need to dance/fight, the road outside is perfect for that :)

Skunk likes this.
  5. Hoffs

Hoffs Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

That may be true for the PKs, but they are not the ones that organize events. I am not going to spend hours planning or running an event only to have a load of people come along and ruin it. If I want to do something with such danger, I'll just stick to regular stuff like champs or harrowers that don't require much set-up.

legendsguy likes this.
  6. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

I respectfully disagree. It isn't true just for the PK's. I am about as far as one can get from being a PK and I have quite enjoyed events that get raided, even when I planned them myself or with others. Iantown events were NOT Iantown events unless they were raided and that's when the fun started. Same for many in game weddings I have attended. The squabbles that went on outside of our old Fight Nights were fun as well. The risk of letting sworn enemies inside was exciting because we never knew when or if a fight would break out. Sure, the event would come to an end, but there was still fun to be had in seeking some revenge... even though I always sucked at pvp. I never minded being cannon-fodder.

Skunk and Victim of Siege like this.
  7. Luka Melehan

Luka Melehan Certifiable
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Campaign Patron

*remembers her wedding fondly*

8. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Kat, as moderate and even tempered a person as you are, *winks* even you I think would have been put off by the behavior of some at the last event.

Hattori Hanzo likes this.
  9. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Sounds like there is a story to tell. I wouldn't mind hearing it if someone cares to share! :)

10. Skunk

Skunk Sage
    Stratics Veteran BREW

Please do tell.