1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Siege folk.

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by kelmo, Jan 5, 2009.

1. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

I promise to be more diligent about the RoC. Building community in particular. Folks that want to knock heads with me on this, read the RoC. Use the email. I will make this a Siege forum thing. You dislike like Siege, take it elsewhere.

2. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

:bowdown::danceb::grouphug::thumbup1::party::ten:

Awesome news! Thank you Kelmo! *applauds*

3. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

I hear you Siege folk. It will be done. *nods*

4. Naitachal_SP

Naitachal_SP Guest

I'm sure you're getting quite tired of the Siege-bashing.. it's quite annoying I agree.. altho I was having a little fun bashing back. lol.. I'm a pvper in all shape and form..

5. RichDC

RichDC Guest

Im still relatively new to Siege and i must say i found it very disheartening, almost to the extent i was about to throw in the towl and delete my char...

I thought if the community who play siege dont even like it then whats that say about the community i want to play in?!?

Thankfully i have seen that its not all and a minority...so im staying!!!

(unlucky for you guys :p)

6. Naitachal_SP

Naitachal_SP Guest

aye rich.. we play here for a reason.. we enjoy it.. people who complain about siege don't play on it.. period.. if they do.. what does that tell you about their intelligence anyway?

7. RichDC

RichDC Guest

So true...im looking forward to annoying the community with my lifts!!!

Sorry if its you...no...wait...no im not lol

8. Naitachal_SP

Naitachal_SP Guest

i tried playing a thief.. i didn't have much luck but i didn't have the patience for it either.. decided i wanted to be more of an archer/hunter type.. but I'm glad to see another thief.. they make great target practice! muahahaha

9. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Guest

Awsome, thanks Kelmo!!!

Thats awsome, we like our game and our shard and its getting much better and we do not need the negativity all the time,

AWSOME!!!

WEEHAAA

FUDD

10. RichDC

RichDC Guest

Whats your chars name??

*mental note target (insert name here)*

:p

11. Naitachal_SP

Naitachal_SP Guest

why it's Naitachal of course.. i'll have an arrowhead sharpened just for you.. go ahead.. try to steal it. lol

12. RichDC

RichDC Guest

Damn, my one true weakness!!!

How can i turn down a challenge!!!

Ill see you soon :p

13. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Thanks, Kelmo.

I am usually happy to see former Siege players stop in to say hello. I miss a great many of them, friends and enemies like, but dropping in just to bash Siege is nothing more than trolling at its finest and adds nothing of value to the community.

14. Spree

Spree Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

:bowdown::bowdown::love::love::scholar::scholar::):):grouphug::grouphug::party::party::heart::heart::cheerleader::cheerleader::ten::ten:

15. SoulWeaver

SoulWeaver King of The Bearded Ladies
    Stratics Veteran

Wahoooo Go Kelmo Go!! Fight those:gun: :hahaha::gun::hahaha: Off!! :gun:

16. SaphirePhil

SaphirePhil Guest

This may be my second day, but I find Siege to be a place of great opportunity and I find it great that even surviving and getting skills to GM is someone many thousands have been unable to do.

But I suppose just looking upon how their ignorant comments are, I'm guessing they didn't make friends.(which is the quickest way to failure on a shard this unique)

Thank you to all who have helped me, and I have been accepted into NEW and am on my way to being a stronger character. Even though my journey is just beginning!

17. Cat Crimson

Cat Crimson Guest

Maybe we ought to have a " Something I Really Bloody Well Enjoyed Doing On Siege today " thread. Without it turning into a personal piddling contest of course.

Of course there are things wrong with the game. For many of us, for many different reasons, it is not the way we loved and remembered it. And of course there are things wrong with Siege. Some of those things are technical imbalances, but some of them are within our power to alleviate. Whatever malaises lie within our world and our souls it serves nothing to continually squeeze toxins from open wounds upon all.

18. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Its ok 3 weeks this place will be dust in the wind.

But Im very happy to see your taking your profession serious Kelmo its about time you step it up. People have been getting away with murder for years now.

And as for building the community, Is one not allow'd to post the true bad points of the server? Like superdragons, low population, house hiding, stealthers... I mean its not bashing uo or siege in anyway, its just stating a simple fact that the server is not as populated as it once was and that there are a few "lame" but legit tactics being used.

Id like to hear your response to this, my PM is open. ;)

19. Førsaken

Førsaken Guest

:bdh: Shouldn't you be over on Darkfall forums, chatting up the community to find a new guild to scream your way out of? :scholar:

20. Vortex

Vortex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

My opinion on that...

Saying that superdragons are overpowered is fine.

Saying UO sucks and Darkfall rules is not.

Saying Siege is dead, is not.

Everything will be treated on a case by case basis, as always.

21. Chardonnay

Chardonnay Visitor

Since your the setting the parameters what WOULD make SP dead?1 person?5 people?50 people?Or 150 people?300 people?No, im not going past 300...so tell me mighty one what would make SP dead?Or is this when you tell me only when the server is shutdown its dead?Humor me please...

Im not even gonna start on PVP issues in general because your GIL and i dont know if you really pvp or not or you just use a tamer...

22. Vortex

Vortex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

SP is dead when Mythic says it is.

This forum is dead when Stratics says it is.

Until then, stay on topic, build the community, or leave.

23. Chardonnay

Chardonnay Visitor

Great answer!:loser:

24. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

I think Vortex's answers are spot on. *folds arms*

25. Chardonnay

Chardonnay Visitor

:grouphug: <------Circle Jerk...

26. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

Look Stud. I am fed up with the negativity that is neither constructive, nor builds this community. All of the mods are on the same page and we have community support in this. If you want to just ***** about Siege and fly the df flag go to the generic mmo forum. One day if df gets up and running it will merit it's own forum.

That day is not today...

27. Chardonnay

Chardonnay Visitor

No, its Jan. 22nd...shameless advertisement bump ftw...

28. Chardonnay

Chardonnay Visitor

Are you flirting with me?Is this your master plan of building "community"?

29. Chardonnay

Chardonnay Visitor

Can you give me a example of constructive negativity so i can start doing that please...

30. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

Sorry. Way too busy now. If you do not understand constructive criticism by now I can not help you.

31. Chardonnay

Chardonnay Visitor

Should this be SP and Stratics theme song?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmxT21uFRwM

Hows that?BUT instead of world just say "community"?

32. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

Back on topic... Siege, the mods have heard you. We agree. This is Siege. This is UO. If you want to discuss df, see my sticky above.

33. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Guest

So far everyone that has spoken about the topic in our ventrilo from KoC are so sick of the constant complaining about a shard and game they dont play and dont care for, just go away, some people are never happy unless there bringing everyone down with them, its the way there built, there a drain and cancer to everyone there involved with,

Thank you for the suport

Kelmo
    Vortex
    Petra

34. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

*tips hat* Thank you KoC. The Mods appreciate it. We hear you. This is our game.

35. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

<---C wut i did thur?

Knock it off. We will have issues otherwise.

36. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

*smiles* There is a lot of positive feedback. Very few detractors... Siege forum shout out!

37. TigerDyr

TigerDyr Guest

Only complaint I have concerning Siege, has nothing to do with Siege but all to do with my connection.... I get owned all the time, im making the excuse that its because my average ping is 150 and most of those I fight prolly have round 40 or less :). Infact its prolly due to my PvP skills or lack there of hehe. Siege is great, love it or leave it!

38. RichDC

RichDC Guest

I play with the same lag unfortunatly, but that comes with playing a server half the world away almost lol!!!

Nice to see on this thread there were only 2 people who actually tried to lower the tone...

(This may be a lil too far) one who seems INCREDIBLY ignorant if not knowing how to make constructive criticism.

Glad i joined the shard cant wait to have a properly playable tmeplate!

39. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Unless ya have no FIRE left for Siege and it's population and shard type, normally no one would be upset nor complain about what so passionately makes them feel something is wrong. Can attitudes of players improve here yep, can UO do more YEP......but the FIRE of those whom still play here and like here still keeps them here...and probably still keeps YOU here too hoping wanting changes.

So basically what can any one of us per person DO to improve to build UP instead of tear down ? If we all answer it honestly there will no doubt be LOTS each one of us regardless of guild tags templates can DO constructively to build up not tear down this Shard. AND if we did NOT care at all.......................we wouldn't even bother to post here would we..? SO you still care.................get in there and go kill a blue crafter I will even volunteer lol ifn if makes ya feel better ! :)

so here is my song pick..............SING IT NOW..........we want it that a way this way..........Siege still is our fire or spark yours too apparently soooooooooooooo constructive build UP ...........log in go KILL SOMEONE :)

SING IT NOW...................tell me why...........we WANT IT THIS WAY and or better and why we still CARE...or we would all be gone but we are NOT gone ........cuz..........we do CARE...it is our one desire this shard for some darn foo reasons and we like it .......... or we would all be gone even you. :)

http://www.geocities.com/txmytx3/thatway.html

40. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Of course now Chardonay .........you have now forced my ever loving momma motivational hippie mentality to .................shine thru.

YOU can change our world ya know we all can.......*force feeds yall a Michael Jackson song................. :)

Postive constructive motivational song...............

http://www.geocities.com/txmytx1us/cry.html

AND my Hippie motivational song................... :) course the music does not play nor work right on this link, unless ya hit pause even then it won't always play so ya can try utube versions too anyhow...

http://www.geocities.com/txmytx6/gettogether.html

YOU ASKED FOR IT hehe :)