1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Siege gets ignored once again...

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Freelsy, Jan 19, 2010.

1. Freelsy

Freelsy Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Insurance was changed on production shards to lower the cost...wtf right?

Overlooked again...kinda pathetic! Can we not just get a little change to the way **** works on this shard?

Like a turn in for faction artifacts
    reduce faction silver cost

Only things I can think of at the moment! Im angry! :mad:

2. Sprago

Sprago Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend IPKU

totally agree this needs to happen

3. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

You mean we actually didn't get something the prodo shards got??? OH wait, that would benefit siege. *nods* Now i understand.

4. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

Overlooked?

Nothing wrong with the prices now. Want easy artifacts? Pay the price...

5. Hugibear

Hugibear Guest

If it were a one time fee, i would agree. Being they are so expensive it drove the price of silver up, hence buying back your stuff becomes very expensive. So most people will not even bother running some of the better pieces becuase of the price of the buyback. This makes a big gap in the haves and the havenots. Those that have, have an easier time pvping and it makes them better. The havenots have a tougher time and a crappier experience. You should open your eyes before you open your mouth.

6. Spree

Spree Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

If you want cheaper why don't you charge each other less for the buy back? OSI dont set the price on that.

7. Kael

Kael Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Mugen has a 5k per faction piece buyback :)

8. Freelsy

Freelsy Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Its not about buying back Ms. know it all. I'm one of the richest on the shard at the moment. Gold is not an issue. Here's the issue.

Player A (me) has millions of gold. Everything he ever needs and wants. PvP is easy for him.

Player B (you) has 300k to his name. Just farmed for 2 days enough silver to purchase a single suit for pvp. Boom he dies, lost it. Now he has to pay 400k-1mill for a buyback. Well he can't and he's forced to farm alot of silver again.

The whole point of this idea is to get everyone out pvping (that wants to of course) and able to equip at a rather cheap rate (15k for a suit vice 50k.)

This would satisfy the pvp'ers and would fill the gap of the less fortunate.

It helps everyone.

9. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

What a load of nonsense.

I am glad Siege got ignored on this insurance issue.

Faction items should dissolve into silver upon death.

10. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

hmmm..... that's a thought I haven't heard before. Interesting.

11. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

I am in the same spot as Asty...I honestly don't need gold, the only reason I do sell back is because the last time I died, i was charged more for hero dyed armor than I paid to make the stuff. The money isn't the problem to me, the problem is because the pieces cost so damn much people tend to want to hide and run stealth and all that jazz. To be honest, I'd rather do it like this:

Faction items = 1gp per 1s
    Imbued items flat rate of 25k per piece

I would sell back for that, hell I've given back probably 3m in suits this past week alone for free because I just want to see people out on the field again.

12. Tiberius

Tiberius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I would be all for this as well. I have a nice bit of gold now but It was not so long ago that buy backs on much lesser sutis than i use noiw really hurt. I miss the days when pvp was not about making bank. I am not complaining at this point; I can take the hits but not everyone can.

13. Skylark SP

Skylark SP Available Storage: 0
    Stratics Veteran

That would certainly open up a whole new way to "farm" silver. Would factioneers rain down silver piles like champ spawn bosses rain gold when they die?

-Skylark

14. Mook Chessy

Mook Chessy Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I am for whatever gets people back on the field the fastest!

Cutting the cost of faction items by half whould do this or at least drop the char bound feature!

I think the main theme of the post is that Prodo gets a change and Siege gets nada...

15. Mook Chessy

Mook Chessy Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Yo Kelmo!

You must move with the times, lest you become a spot in Sieges rear view mirror!

16. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

17. Skylark SP

Skylark SP Available Storage: 0
    Stratics Veteran

18. Luka Melehan

Luka Melehan Certifiable
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Campaign Patron

Too stubborn. He'll never leave.

I am not a PvPer, but if I felt like I could buy back imbued peices at 25K, I would get some suits made. As it is, I don't carry anything of worth...anything I can't easily replace.

19. Sunchicken

Sunchicken Guest

Production shards get more attention because they are the shards that pay the majority of the bills...

I still like my idea to turn in opposing factions items for half the silver price.

20. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Factions items is not good for Siege in any way.

Better would be to increase the drop of gems and other imbuing resources on monster loot.

To keep fun, we need lots of crafters, gatheres and monster killers.
    That will bring more reds and more reds will bring more anti PK's.

We also need to get rid of the virtue or a kind of anti virtue for reds.

As it is now, there are to much advantage with being blue and with being in faction.

I would love to see guilds like the Orc's back, but as it is now, there is no room for red RP guilds as they won't be able to affort PvP gear together with keeping looting of their victims low.

If I had the power, I would remove Faction, nerf stealth, nerf the virtue and increase resource loot.

Yes I know alot is happy I gon't have the power :lol:

21. Sunchicken

Sunchicken Guest

While your fixing make traped crates only usable once...

22. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Faction items are apart of the game and I don't think they will remove them just for Siege.

23. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

I want to rebuild the community.
    If it was cheap for the crafters to make great items and farmers/monster killers could trade crafted items for resources, then the PvP'ers could kill the non PvP'ers and steal the items and the blue PvP'ers could earn the items from protecting non PvP'ers in their guild against the PK's.

That's what build the community. As it is now, faction is an elite, that not really interact with the rest of the shard.

I just want to see Siege alive and all have a place in the community.

The PvP'ers would still mostly fight each others but they would have a better reason to fight.

I like to see alot more shops selling crafted items to a price most can pay. Maybe 10-100k for a ok suit and 100-500k good PvP suit

24. Damien Softstep

Damien Softstep Visitor

Shes got a point faction items dont help crafters either...and selling imbued items back is just laughable when they can be used by the looter...or sold to the highest bidder...

25. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor

Well, basically everything you wrote here I already knew about.

The thing is there should be a gap between those two groups. Isn´t that the whole point with a full loot shard? We loot to take things away from players. Don´t want a gap? Don´t loot weaker/poorer opponents.

If you want a field with equal equipment and PVP all the time? Play TC or prodo.

However, that was not the point in my other post. Asty wanted a lowered price on the farties and I disagree.

So I say again. You want easy artifacts? Pay the price...

26. Sunchicken

Sunchicken Guest

WE could in turn say this. If you want a field with equal equipment but dont want to incounter pvp play a prodo and stick to tram

27. Freelsy

Freelsy Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

This is the whole point of the topic. Make it relatively cheap so *everyone can participate. If Faction artifacts were gone, cursed artifacts would rule again. The same people that dominate now will dominate then...I just don't understand some of you people's thought process.

28. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor

Yes you could.

But you would be saying it to the wrong person. I WANT to encounter PVPers and PKs when I´m out hunting. That is the reason I came to Siege.

And also. I´m not the one who´s constantly posting about wanting an even field where everybody is fighting all the time...

29. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor

But wouldn´t that be just like I suggested? TC and prodo.

Person A dies to person B. A has stocked up with cheap farties. He re-equips and goes out on the field. A dies again. He re-equips. Repeat until he runs out of stock. He makes a buyback and goes out on the field again. A dies again. Makes a buyback and out on the field he goes. Repeat until it´s time to log for the night.

How is this different from insurance?

At least with cursed artifacts we have a thing called limited. Farties are unlimited.

You guys say you want an even playfield where you PVP as much as possible. I suggested TC or prodo. What is it with that thought process you don´t understand?

And also, there is the option to not loot. Then everyone can participate all the time...

30. Stop playing stealthers.
    Stop using faction items.

No one will do this though. People want to "win" so badly they forgot to "play".

31. Tiberius

Tiberius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

This is perferable to ..

person A dies to person B. Person A logs for the night.

32. Freelsy

Freelsy Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

This is why a faction turn in would be nice. Erase the items once he's killed. But reduce the cost of faction items so he can A) farm for an hour or two for a suit or B) have a spare suit and prepare to fight in 20 minutes again.

33. Hugibear

Hugibear Guest

I play siege to pvp, I dont want to have to farm silver for hours on end to get to pvp. The quickest you can get silver is about 13k per hour. I run an about 85k in silver per suit. I dont have a tamer that I could farm aimlessly somewhere and hope no one comes and kills me. So you are telling me I need to farm for roughly 7 hours everytime I die. I think that is way too much risk over little reward. We are just looking for a balance. I wish you had some stones and actually went out and tried to pvp. You would have a totally different look on things.
    I hear everyone saying that they all want more people to the shard. Do you really believe people will stay when they are stuck in the have not category for about a year. Wake up! Things need to change before there is no one left on this shard. It is obvious by the shards population that the status quo isnt working.

34. Damien Softstep

Damien Softstep Visitor

My thoughts exactly...

35. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

there are people who likie to pvm, but not pvp. Weird idea- let silver be farmed by anyone? But only useable by factioneers?
    Then the pvm'ers could farm a quite marketable resource. But not being factions, there may be drawbacks that I cannot see.

36. Damien Softstep

Damien Softstep Visitor

Bad idea-dont let non faction people make gold off faction people...theres plenty of things to be farmed by non faction people...

or...just join factions jump on a tamer and AFK farm silver...whats the big deal anyways your gonna be naked...if you farm anything your in pvp lands...

37. Freelsy

Freelsy Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Goes back to the whole risk vs reward...you want something, gotta risk something else

38. Damien Softstep

Damien Softstep Visitor

Touzoko argument holds no water at all if you go out and farm you risk dying if your factions or not...

39. growday1984

growday1984 Guest

actually it does hold a little water... if silver could be farmed by anyone it would be on every other vendor therefor economically driving the price of silver down, letting people buy there suits much cheaper. so in essence it doing something similiar as making faction arties cheaper.

40. Freelsy

Freelsy Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

There is a reason its called "faction silver"

41. growday1984

growday1984 Guest

I know, I was just pointing out a different point of view on it

42. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor

I don´t tell anyone to farm anything. You guys tell yourselves that.

You guys speak of wanting an even field. Farties might have made it so but seems to me there´s a downside as well. Sounds to me that nowadays if people don´t have farties, they won´t play.

If you lose your suit why not put on something else? Runic crafted suits, cursed arties, marties, real arties or whatever.

I mean, I´m sure you guys are good at what you do. Have farties really become a game breaker?

I´m sure you are right about this.

It´s just that I have no desire to actively seek out PVP action. I´ll stick to PVM and crafting cuz that´s what I enjoy. Has nothing to do with stones. :p

Look, I´m not against having cheap uber stuff available just cuz it´s tied to PVP. Had it been uber items meant for PVM or crafting I would´ve been against that as well. I just don´t want any more easy modes in UO.

I´m just wondering why stay on Siege if all you guys want is everyone to have the best gear and PVP action all the time? If you´re not here to conquer your enemies and take what they have then what is it that makes you choose Siege over other shards?

And this is not me saying that I want you guys to leave, because I don´t! I like having you guys around even if we don´t interact that much ingame.

Cuz with full loot rules there will never be an equality in items unless they do what you guys want and give away farties basically for free or put in insurance which to me at least is the same thing...

43. Black Majick

Black Majick Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Ya..WTF....I play a Prodo shard and why are they lowering it...Just leave **** alone if it aint broke! The devs need to come over to Seige and show yall some love!

I am being 100% truthful and honest as well. If anything should have happened to insurance it should have been raised.....

44. Hugibear

Hugibear Guest

tjalle, you tell me to wear something else and try to pvp in it. Than you go onto saying that you dont currently pvp. There is the problem. I play a mage, in order for me to survive i need 2/6 casting, 65-70 dci, a spell channeling shield, lmc, and as much mana regen as possible. You asked if farties are a deal breaker, I would say yes. With the new hand cannons (bows) people are using, it has forced most mages to run parry. Meaning I need 80 dex. So i need all that dci lmc and mr to survive.

45. A Rev

A Rev Guest

I dont really play siege much, im beginning to make a mage but cant stand ROT!

Anyways, this may sound like a stupid idea...and tou you lot it probably is...but...

why not just get rid of siege bless???

That way the archers cant bless there hand cannons as you put it, meaning the mages dont need to run parry, making suits more diverse in there builds?

the mages dont really need an orny, a perfectly reasonable jewel set can be made with imbuing. In fact, apart from a book with 64 spells i cant really see what a mage need to keep ALL the time that cant be replaced fairly easily (non faction)

Increases the risk of running these godly weapons...cant be all bad?

46. nightstalker22

nightstalker22 Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

GM armor and no more faction gear would fix the whole issue. ;)

Skill vs. Skill

not

Skill vs. Faction suit, UO Assist, and gank squad at your disposal on Vent ( and whatever other 3rd party programs you cheater types use these days ) :stretcher:

47. Freelsy

Freelsy Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I guarantee you that if you removed all the items from the game everyone would quit. Pre UO was fun, but this day and age is more eventful and exciting!!

I know I would quit if I were forced to choose between two or three templates only...can you say boring?

48. Damien Softstep

Damien Softstep Visitor

Doesnt everyone do that now?

Parry/Mage
    Bokuto/Ninja
    Tamer/Numerous
    Archer/Ninja

So instead of 2 or 3 we got 4...

P.S. Getting rid of Siege Bless Deed idea...worse idea ever sp deserves to have atleast one item they make or choose blessed we fought hard for the SBD your using...

49. Hugibear

Hugibear Guest

I dont mind the idea of losing the 1 blessing. I kinda like it. I dont run anything over 250k so that wouldnt hurt me any.

50. Damien Softstep

Damien Softstep Visitor

For mages it would be great because the faction arties have mages items for dexxor or anything else the idea sucks...keep one blessed item on sp like i said before we fought hard for it...forcing everyone to only play mages makes the other 15 pvpers quit...