1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Siege Guild house waiting for a crew!

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by kelmo, Jan 28, 2009.

1. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

*coughs* Current Siege folk... Bear with me. I can not spam this post to all the forums I want to reach. I can link it to my sig and see where it goes...
    I would appreciate if you do not laugh and point... just yet. Let me see...

Hello. I am kelmo and I have more houses on Siege than I have sense. I am looking for a crew of like minded folk or a guild that might want to try the Siege experience.

While I will always encourage any individual to try Siege, I am looking for a decent sized group for this house. If any individual wants some help getting started please post up on the Siege forums and we will find a way to help you out.

Now. About the Guild house. It is not pretty. It is as safe as I can make it. Located mere steps from the guard zone and gate in Umbra. While hostiles do live in the area, if you are careful and enjoy having fun, you should be alright.

Umbra is also host to several fine vendor houses. Many of the basic supplies can be bought there.

Right now it is pretty barren. I have made sure that almost all training tools are available, forges, looms, archery butte, etc... It can be further adapted.

I will encourage any crew to look into NEW guild, but it is not required. Role playing, PvP, adventure seekers, all are welcome to apply. I have no time limit in mind as yet for occupying the house. I am hoping that you will enjoy the Siege experience and strike out on your own. Then I will open the house up again.

I am not going to provide any thing other than the house. If you want bandages, weapons, armor etc... go find them. Plenty of ways to make gold on Siege. We buy cloth, feathers, boards, leather, and ingots.

I will be available as well as my partner in crime Luka to assist with the house. If I see that the house is not being used... I will evict the occupants and try again. Slum Lords are like that.

2. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

At this moment the house is open. Come see it. Just off the East umbra bridge. There is nothing to loot...

3. nightstalker22

nightstalker22 Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Awesome Idea Kelmo!

I need more victims! This is the perfect way to get me some! Thanks! ;)

Hopefully some guild will take you up on your offer, and it will be just in time for Cash's PVP School to open!

I gated home earlier ( the Barter Town Dojo and Thief School ), and I saw a red inspecting the premises...

I quickly ducked into the shadows, and I suppose he thought I was getting ready to attack from the shadows, so he left.

My house is open to the public! All are welcome to use it, Only the top floor is my personal space... I hope to see some PVP traiing going on there one day........

4. archite666

archite666 Guest

speaking of that and guild houses, I am in the middle of arranging a deal to buy a house that will be the absolute awesome house for the school.

5. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

Thanks guys. It is worth a shot anyway.

6. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

I would love to host a crew here. What they make of themselves...

7. Spree

Spree Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

8. Hoffs

Hoffs Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

Excellent idea, Kelmo. I hope it brings results.

9. Touzoko

Touzoko Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

*pointing and laughing*

very good idea, really. Do you need any additional items or anything to make it more attractive? This helps all of shard.

Build it, and they will come.......

10. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

There seems to be a bit of interest on the UO Players forum in Siege as well. I ask you folks not to spam that forum, but occasionally people seeks answers there. There appears to be some seriously outdated info on the Stratics forums concerning RoT...

11. 31881

31881 Guest

isnt it clear that rot has pretty much killed the player base on siege? weve gone down this road before but it has created such an inbalance with all the changes that noone even wants to train characters. if you dont already have one your probably not wasting the time to train one. so either your buying one of the many accounts up for sale or not coming.

once again for every completed character that leaves it takes eons for a new player to train his char and be of any competition. leave siege the way it is just do away with rot and allow people to enjoy them selves some.

12. God_Majere

God_Majere Guest

ive been back about two months, when i had came back i soulstoned my skills... i started fresh went from crafter to a bushido warrior... already nearly 6x120... RoT makes things easier so whatever...

13. Spree

Spree Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Rot is 1000 times better than sailing for hours trying to get .1 gain

14. OldAsTheHills

OldAsTheHills Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Rename the house to the SLUMMER PARTY!

*stares*
    Yahaxithonix

15. Queen Amy

Queen Amy Guest

Amen!

Truly.

16. Sprago

Sprago Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend IPKU

i agree with you but people of seige dont seem like they would want more poeple to join.

17. Sprago

Sprago Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend IPKU

Spree if rot is truly the way siege people want it then leave it that way but start ROT at 90 not 70 at least at 90 you could help with a spawn or basic game play at 70 you cant it just takes way to long to raise a char IMO

18. 31881

31881 Guest

rot is fine if you dedicate yourself to it like a chore. I dont agree with the other method of gains. But I do know that when I was on lake austin we had ways to train characters that worked. and not 8x8 either I been there done that to. But what about the person who can only play on the weekends and is now penalized by their real life and can only gain maybe 7 to 10 points a week. But they are playing all of saturday and sunday wishing they were gaining. Ive been in this game since it came out and siege is the best place there is in the game but open it up. Why not try it. If it doesnt bring people then put it back to the stone age. nothing else has worked just give it a shot.

19. Soap Bubble

Soap Bubble Visitor

Ive been back like 3 weeks and have already GM'd like 3 skills since then.
    Please Sir... RoT is great and yur complaining is like my wife nagging in my ear.
    We just got more skill here in fact.

*just turns his back on another Trammy who's most likely gonna complain about insurance next*

20. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

RoT is something of a double edged sword. Training warrior or mage type skills that can be power gamed in hours it's maybe a hindrance, but for stuff like crafting, lockpick and taming, I'll take RoT over ggs every time.