1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Siege needs your support

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Speedy Orkit, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

2. SavageSP

SavageSP Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

3. Vortex

Vortex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Wow, threads get a lot shorter when you clean all the OT - trash talking out of them!

Free bump.

4. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

*chuckles* Well done. I need to get off my ass and slay a few trolls myself. I can't have the young un show me up.

Yes, Siege needs support. Some things we will not agree upon, that is a given. Voicing your opinion is one thing and what these forums are here for, personal fights... keep 'em in game.

5. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Take his innitiative and follow his lead, It will make this place a much more enjoyable place for all. No sense in banning anyone, the less people here the worse off we are in the long run. Id just delete trolling posts and see how it works out after a few weeks. If it doesnt work than start handing out infractions and make this place more of a ghost town. (Im not trying to tell ya how to do your job because I think you do a fine job, Its just suggestion to help build the community and make it a better place for all. )

6. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Unfortunatly, that is not how it is going to go down. I don't have time to read every thread and post. I will take a quicker more sure way to end the trolling and personal attacks. The community will be better off.

7. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Really, because I seem to see you posting in about every thread... You sure?

And goodluck Im looking forward to seeing the community grow.

Hope it works out Kelmo bc time is a ticking and it seems to be running out.

8. Chardonnay

Chardonnay Visitor

9. IanJames

IanJames Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Let's keep up the fight folks. The more "squeaky" we are and the more we stay in their faces, the less they can just ignore Siege.

10. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

but........the more you annoy people the less they're inclined to listen.

Strike a balance, remind them, don't annoy.

oh and don't be tempted by the thread necromancy of a bored and/or drunk troll.

11. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Please just get rid of the faction items on Siege. They have only served to kill factions on a shard where it was still fun and those items have caused nothing but trouble.

12. Calyip

Calyip Guest

From the people I have talked to though....SP had some major problems before faction arties. Problem is, AoS, SE, and this new expansion are coming about with Production shards in mind, but the changes are still applied to SP, and there is the problem. The faction arties were brought about to level the playing field, same as the replicas. DEVs didn't care if people joined factions, that is nearly a decade old system, why give a hoot now? They cared they were getting complaints of dupers having access to LT guard sashes, and vine cords, and Gladiator Collars, etc. With faction arties, they can let Joe Schmo have an elite suit, unfortunately for us, they increased the silver cost and we can't insure the items. I play mostly on production and I assure you, faction arties were not meant for SP.

13. Scuzzlebutt

Scuzzlebutt Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

The problem was created when Goodguy started his one man quest to make the items cost 5x as much as prodo. This encouraged afk silver farming and led to the high cost of sell backs. Then came the trashing of suits, which is a bit our(by our I mean everyone involved) fault, but honestly would it be that big of a deal if rebuilding your suit cost 10k silver rather than 50k? It was a good way for people to get good gear and ensure most people were begining the race from the same starting block. Did it necessarily have to be done within the faction system so they weren't available to non- factioners? Probably not, but I guess I'm kind of a purist. To me there should be a definitive winner and loser in a competition, and they guy having to sit out the rest of the fight for 20 minutes (or at least fight in a diminished capacity) has lost this particular encounter.

14. IanJames

IanJames Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

It may be a necro'd thread, but in this case, it's still applicable. . .It must be a problem if we're still talking about it 4 months later

15. GoodGuy

GoodGuy Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

1 man quest? HA dont blame that **** on me, i created only 1 thread about faction silver cost on siege and plenty of other people put their two cents in.

Plus, you guys really show your tramminess if you're complaining that these SUPER UBER ridiculous faction suits take to long to farm silver for.

Do you realize how many hours/days/months it would of taken in the past to farm up that much **** up? and you're complaining about 10 hours of working now?

you want to get a SUPER UBER suit in 2-3 hours speedy? damn bro, just go to insurance shards and quit trammizing siege with your trammie attitude and playstyle. For real speedy, you're a **** poor replacement for legitmate siege players that have left and deserted siege.

it reminds me of sammy helms/ember legs, blessed arti hats, and plenty of other gimp **** that we ALL cheered for when they removed it because it balanced ****.

Minimalism works best for siege. Giving everyone everything and then sayin "there now you're all even" doesnt work.

16. Aislin*SP

Aislin*SP Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

17. Scuzzlebutt

Scuzzlebutt Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Damn, you sure told Speedy didn't you?

18. Chevy Aveo

Chevy Aveo Guest

Well im an oldschool player.... since this is a oldstyle server... PLEASE remove the faction arty junk.... There way overated and not everyone likes factions... makes players in factions way overpowered... i miss old siege. THIS SERVER IS INTENDED TO BE OLDSCHOOL>.... then do it oldschool!!!
    What we need is better monsters loot... and to smith and lether armors be the best u can have,,, like old days....

Damn i miss running studdded leather with a exeptional spear.. and be feared,,,, nothing like the old days where smith put the swords in war!!! HELP SIEGEE!! FOR THOSE VETRAN AND NEW PLAYERS WHO WANT A REAL CHALLANGE AND A TASTE OF UO WAS,,,, Nothing like pre AoS uo... and never will be....

19. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

You couldn't be more wrong...

20. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable

Really? I thought he hit the nail on the head. He couldn't be more right!

21. Chardonnay

Chardonnay Visitor

QFT...

22. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah

Then why did we get AoS, Samurai Empire and Mondains Legacy? Why do we have customizable houses, item properties, artifacts, soul stones, powerscrolls, peerless and the like?

...?

This is not a classic shard. This shard is a no trammel and no item insurance shard.

While I too would love it if they added a classic shard to UO, which would be oldschool. This shard is NOT oldschool.

Sorry to burst your bubbles.

23. nightstalker22

nightstalker22 Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Agreed.

I don't mind the customizable houses, But I wish they would take away the lock down feature and give us house keys again...THAT would be old school, and so much fun! Keep your valuables in the bank and a strong box at the house.

24. HaHa

HaHa Guest

Hm, i thought you quit ?

25. Chardonnay

Chardonnay Visitor

We got all that garbage because ea/myth doesnt wanna spend the time or resources to keep are shard unique or anything for that matter...if you noticed they been "trammelizing" more every year so you cant even say its a non trammel shard, ya we dont have trammel but there bringing EVERYTHING besides trammel here...This was suppose to be a veteran server...the other problem is 95% of the true sp population left years ago and the majority of the server is now people from trammy servers bringing trammy ideas and the like here...so its sorta like rotting from the inside out...i could go on and on about sp but honestly whats the point because its obviously better than it was 9 years ago right?Wrong, and development is a key downfall and when that happens you lose everything...and just like to add one more think about the rp community that sp doesnt have anymore too,ya theres a rp'er here and there but the rp left sp long ago which was sorta my whole rotting from the inside out point...which puts us to where we are right now a ghosttown...