1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Siege Perilous Is Awesome Because...

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Val'lyn De'ana, Apr 9, 2015.

1. Val'lyn De'ana

Val'lyn De'ana Seasoned Veteran

Ok everyone, I know, I new here, but I want to help build up the player base here. This means a lot of recruiting from other shards. One of the best ways to draw players to Siege will be through testimonials, or posts (like this) that they stumble upon...

I'll start.

Siege Perilous is awesome because...

of the player base.
    no insurance.
    no Trammel.
    of the player base.

-Now it's your turn.

-Val'lyn

2. SpyderBite

SpyderBite Sage
    Stratics Veteran VCS

Because everything is blessed.
    There are very few left with murder counts. So what's the point?
    Yah. Good people. But sometimes, Quantity is greater than Quality. Especially when the Quantity is less than a handful.

3. Tanivar

Tanivar Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

The only gripe with Siege I have is lack of deco items for our houses and I can't move my 15 years of deco items from prodo to where I now live, here on Siege. The lack of house deco is my biggest complaint and the only thing that might be a showstopper to my continuing to play UO. I have my prodo house design here, but all the things that would make it look really good here on Siege are trapped on Chessie, which really takes away a lot of the fun of playing the game.

4. Igg A Pie

Igg A Pie Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Brave Amateurs B^A

what el
    what else are you lookn for as far a deco. I got a lot of stuff locked in chests that I want to get rid of. I have slowly been trying to sell. let me know, I a sure we can work it out

5. Victim of Siege

Victim of Siege Crazed Zealot
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Safe Haven

Siege is awesome because of one thing, BOOBIES!!

SpyderBite, Rizarium and Troop_Gil like this.
  6. Candy Cane

Candy Cane Journeyman

Damn it this is not Walmart I haven't showed my boobs once!!

7. Victim of Siege

Victim of Siege Crazed Zealot
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Safe Haven

Pics, or it means nothing . . .

8. Candy Cane

Candy Cane Journeyman

On a serious note, Siege is awesome because of the people, you will not find any better group on any shard. I also love the fact that because of no insurance I need to farm to make sure I have armor and jewels. I also need to shear sheep, something I love doing even when I didn't need it to make cloth.

The worse thing is I wish we had a few more people. More reds to keep us on our toes.

9. Troop_Gil

Troop_Gil Journeyman

Siege is awesome because I am there and I have purple shoes.

Victim of Siege likes this.
  10. Lore Denin (GL)

Stratics Veteran

Siege rocks because...

1) The economy still works. Items sell for what a real player can earn playing the game

2) The Role-play. I haven't had this much rp interaction since the rp heydays on GL. From the vampire major of New Haven, to an encounter with Barter Town's Henry Swift, Gilfane's Keeper of the Halls, Letters to Sir Vincent and various other guilds and groups. Its been a blast to actually play my character not explain to people that I am playing my character...

-Lore

Pignasty likes this.
  11. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Last time I enquired about prices of items on Siege they were very similar to prodo shards. 20m for magery 120 and orny for 15-20m. Seems like the economy is just as bad as a "normal" shard.

12. Marisa Kirisame

Marisa Kirisame Seasoned Veteran

No, the economy is less inflated, it is that the items such as magery 120 are more rare there and thus cost more.
    So the REAL price for them is bigger here than on prodo, where farming 20m is three times easier.

Lore Denin (GL) likes this.
  13. Silent Singer

Silent Singer Lore Master

Siege is awesome because:
    The economy of siege is very different from prodo. The one character per account rule, inability to sell certain things to npcs, increased prices, and lack of insurance all play a role, sometimes not in obvious ways. For instance, on prodo it is very common to see people do the Ilsh oaks and serado spawns (we did them every week) because those are considered "safe" from raids. As a result, getting items that drop from those is relatively cheap and easy. Here, you are in danger of being "raided" by just taking your llama for a walk. With the safeness of those spawns removed, people would rather do the higher pay off champs. This means something like a futon is almost impossible to find (I tried for weeks) and will probably sell much higher than on prodo. But even with more folks doing PS champs, things like 120 Magery and 120 mysticism still sell high because damn near everyone runs one of those on their template. On the other hand, a legacy token sells for about 8-9 mil here, unlike the 20-30 mil on prodo. And related to the number of toons, compare heritage tokens sometime. Supply and demand man. What you will not see here, ever, are the ridiculous 30 mil prices for "high end" jewelry that riddles atlantic GC. The other day I sold a bracelet there for 5 mil that, no joke, I would have thrown in cleanup trash here. I was emptying a house and noticed it was nicer than most of the garbage posted, so I listed it and sold in 2 minutes (which probably means it would have sold for a lot more if I had put any effort in it). No one here would have paid more than 2k for that item based on what I've seen. Siege is just different.

Of course, offsetting those points, the community here is far more supportive in general. I've seen Bo, a notorious figure to put it lightly, essentially give away a 120 Magery for a few hundred k. and no one would say it was because of guild ties, Bo runs alone. Even though I give GIL a hard time myself, Malloc gave me a commodity deed box from an idoc that I needed with no hesitation. I have never seen that happen on Atlantic. Heck, even Apollyon, who frustrates me more than ANY player on siege by a country mile, has helped people several times even when they openly disagree with him. So the community in some ways fills in the gaps that our weird economy creates.

Yesterday a new player came to the shard and asked for help. Tanager and I both asked what they needed. They said they wanted a lrc lmc 2/6 suit. ****, I don't have one of those and I've been here months and months! We explained that on siege it is better to focus on building skills, because if you can't defend the stuff you carry you might not carry it long. I offered to throw together a basic lrc suit from dungeon pieces for training, but I think our discussion of building skills freaked them out. But, we both offered help immediately, and not just buying a suit and sending you on your way help but actually explaining siege a little.

So those are positive things. Also, siege is the only place in uo I can wear my sexy hero-dyed monk's robe. So that is a personal reason why I like it :)

FrejaSP and DJAd like this.
  14. Marisa Kirisame

Marisa Kirisame Seasoned Veteran

8-9 mil here is the same as 20-30 mil at prodo.

15. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Informative reply @Silent Singer thank you. Maybe I should work on my Siege char a bit more!

Val'lyn De'ana likes this.
  16. Ultimaholic

Ultimaholic Adventurer

:lol:
    large.jpg

#16 Ultimaholic, Apr 10, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2015
    Arradin likes this.
  17. VinnySP

VinnySP Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Safe Haven

My two cents here, I love siege due to the fact that are not billion dollars suits here. What ya get out of your suit is what ya put into it but also you must leave your house in said suit. Their are amazing people on all shards but it seems we have some of the more mature people that come and stay here. We truly have a vast pool of different player types here. I'd love to see some RP and RP towns pop again (Yes I wanna stalk/raid them) to get people to venture out again and have that social aspect that we used to have. I know some folks come here to fly solo under the radar and do the start from scratch with no help and that's fine, their game, their money but we seem to have more of a giving community then other shards. I know that I have seen it stated by a few that if they hadn't tried Siege, they would have hung up their UO hat and called it a day. Those folks are still here and still having fun.

FrejaSP, Zalfein, Tarquinn and 3 others like this.
  18. Val'lyn De'ana

Oh, and although I recently saw a post here claiming someone got a bit racial in General Chat, I love the general chat here. I don't chat much, but I crack up from most of the back and forth I watch. Again, you people are the best ever!!!

-Val'lyn

Pignasty likes this.
  19. Candy Cane

Candy Cane Journeyman

I wanted to see more boobies too, men without shirts, but after seeing Ultimacholic's post I might have to change my mind. Or at least make a rule, sexy men without shirt boobies.

20. Val'lyn De'ana

New rule: No moobs!!!

-Val'lyn

Bo Bo likes this.
  21. Sliced

Sliced Visitor

i would show my boobies but i wouldnt want to ruin all other men for the women of UO. im that sexy

VinnySP, Ultimaholic and Candy Cane like this.
  22. Ultimaholic

Ultimaholic Adventurer

I used to play SP alot. Was by far the best shard community wise but always had a lil hate for a few of the absurd rules that apply to SP. Why its got some of the goofy rules, I don`t know. Shoulda just been a mirror of Fel prodo with one char slot and no insurance.

Anyways.... Great ppl play here and a crafter (at least used to be able to) can make a living here. I know I wasted the good part of 5 years of my life playing SP and loved it for the most part.

If UO ever went F2P I`d be right back at it, but alas..... it will go the way of the Dodo before that happens.

SpyderBite likes this.