1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Siege Perilous Poll...

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Damien Softstep, Jan 18, 2010.

?

Do the Invasion [blessed] Spellbooks belong on Siege Perilous?

Poll closed Oct 13, 2012.
  1. Yes

47.9%
  2. No

47.9%
  3. Undecided

4.2%
  1. Damien Softstep

Damien Softstep Visitor

Tell the Devs whats on your minds...

2. Scuzzlebutt

Scuzzlebutt Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

:bdh:

Time to get over this one.

3. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

If a mage doesn't run parry + potions they are dead anyway...so why not.

4. Damien Softstep

Damien Softstep Visitor

Because instead of seeing three feet in front of you you might try looking in the future and lets hope the next thing they try to bring to sp doesnt mess up the game even more...so maybe if we stopped this they MIGHT think about the next thing they try to put on sp...

The more they see sp not caring about having blessed items the more there gonna allow on sp...

*sighs*

Speak up as a community or get ran the **** over by the machine...

5. Speedy Orkit

Stratics Veteran

Siege is item based, like it or not.

6. Damien Softstep

Damien Softstep Visitor

Im fine with item based i have a problem with the [blessed] tag on the item...

7. Black magick

Black magick Guest

It doesn't matter whether we vote and ask for the bless removed. They will still bless stuff they add in here whether we like it or not. Besides, this is a minor issue at best.

8. Vaelix

Vaelix Guest

Thats what i heard about the Samurai Helmets and Ember Leggings..

However they were universal.. Opposed to Template Based.

:stir:

:popcorn:

9. Damien Softstep

Damien Softstep Visitor

Well i understand that but i dont see any other polls or posting on uo hall about other things so i started a small issue that can turn into a huge issue down the road...

I mean it would be nice to actually use our new EM to maybe communicate with someone to possibly change the things wrong on sp instead of handing out item garbage and throwing some monsters at us...

10. Vaelix

Vaelix Guest

But, Thats classic EA Style..

"What, This item or Pet or Skill is overpowered?"

"We should balance it with everything else."

"Nah let just add some new even crazier Item Pet or Skill.. Thats good enough"

"Alright!"

Or!

"Devs.. What do you plan to do about the Few Overpowered things which are ruining our Server?"

*1 Year Later - Reply*

"Well good siege players, Im glad you asked.. ect ect, for we plan to do a lot"

"We will be adding a lot of New Useless PvM,Deco, and other non valued items which doesnt have anything to do with siege pvp.. First of all"

"Secondly We plan to add Even MORE new stuff and completely ignore balancing our Preexisting Skills, Pets, Items, and Gameplay that have basically kept the game online for 10 Years"

"But!?"

"No dont worry players.. The New Christmas Trees and Special Colored Boxes will obviously make you forget about the unbalanced Things on your shard, We're sure of it!"

11. Damien Softstep

Damien Softstep Visitor

:lol:

I mean think about it soon we are gonna be just like a production shard only less people shouldnt we strive to be different in every way?

Communication is important and without communication theres no community...

12. Vaelix

Vaelix Guest

Less Blessed (Siege Bless exculded) Items which give Very nice bonueses.. Aka the Spellbooks..

Not the Robes or Clothing..

Are fine on my side.. I've tried prodo a little.. 1000 Skill Templates or Dexxers with like 15 Different weapons.. Not my Cup o' Tea.

13. Damien Softstep

Damien Softstep Visitor

Where are our communities that use to flourish on this shard?

Orcs,Undead,Savages,etc....

SP wants more people here but what are we doing to get more people here?

It seems people care more about the items now and its starting to show on the population...

14. Vaelix

Vaelix Guest

All i'm interested in is a More Populated, Balanced, Pvp Field.. Thats all from my end.

:stretcher:

15. Damien Softstep

Damien Softstep Visitor

Then you might need to find out why theres no orcs,undead,savages,etc here and then you might see why we are under populated...

16. Vaelix

Vaelix Guest

However!! Like Whats his ass said..

Item Balance comes from the Mind of the Player.. Aka Faction Items had the capability to be shard saving for Siege.. But! The player mindset was too "Trammy" therefore the items became a problem.

For the few of us in... TO TnT Koc Jsv.. That PvPed and didnt care about losing suits.. The Faction Items were amazing..

However.. when 85% Of the shard is afraid to lose (Extremely Easily Obtainable gear) Faction Arties.. They have the opposite desired effect.

To put it simple.. no matter what it is.. More PvP Blessed items.. Makes Sieges player based mindset.. Become more and More Trammy.. Which is counter Productive for a Shard like siege.

:party:

17. Damien Softstep

Damien Softstep Visitor

Faction items are killing pvp on this server because none want to farm silver 24/7 to be able to suit up and if you cant suit up in 2 million dollar gear then your at a extreme disadvantage...thats why the same 15-20 people fight every night...

18. Vaelix

Vaelix Guest

Well heres the weird part... Im prolly in the Top 5 On siege that Hates PvM..

As in.. I completely hate.. to pvm farm ect ect.. I played here for PvP Only..

Yet somehow.. The Guy (Me) Who hates to do anything PvM related.. always managed to have the silver for Faction suits on 2 Different characters.

Whereas.. Guilds with people who PvM 24/7.. complain about having to farm silver and are never suited..

Whats so impossible about farming silver when you have a *Self Healing* High damage pet you can just Park and watch?

Plus!! Ive never had a Personal tamer.. therefore all of my silver farming was done Via Mage.

So... Somehow (Because im not trammy) The Pure PvP Mage managed to always have PvM Farmed Silver..

When Tamer Supported Guilds...Did not.

19. Freelsy

Freelsy Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Reduce the cost of faction artifacts...then you can have a decent suit of armor for around 10k silver! Everyone wins! No more complaining about items, and make it so you can turn in someone else's items to the base chest and receive the equal amount of silver under your name...If your leet you'll always have silver, wont need to farm, but if you suck, and die constantly you'll be needing more silver.

that to me is the perfect fit!

20. Damien Softstep

Damien Softstep Visitor

Great idea...

21. Vaelix

Vaelix Guest

I just have trouble understanding how Someone like me.. Who would farm.. *Maybe* 20k Silver in a *Week* Somehow always ran faction gear on 2 Characters..

Where as people who farm everyday.. cannot.

22. Damien Softstep

Damien Softstep Visitor

20k silver barely buys a orny...times all that stuff by 5...not too mention i want to pvp not farm silver...

http://www.uoguide.com/Faction

The suit i want costs 2.5m...if i die i need 1.25m to re-suit up...and if the person who has my stuff just wants to grief me another 2.5m i gotta spend...

23. Vaelix

Vaelix Guest

Thats kinda my point friend.. 20k is enough for 1 level 9 Item... But i ran mage / dexxer so i ran

Orny Feys Cry Ring Dci Glasses RBC.. At least

And

Vile, Gloves, Feys, RBC, Primer

While only farming about 20k A Week..

Where as.. People who farm 10 Hours for 5 Days a week.. Cant Afford these items??

24. Vaelix

Vaelix Guest

You can do that.. Its called Trammel and Insurance, for me.. The Pay Off (Insurance and Always Pvp) Isnt worth the stupidity.

I'd much rather have to farm 40k Silver every week than play a Prodo Shard.

25. Damien Softstep

Damien Softstep Visitor

Most people who farm 10 hours for 5 days a week dont pvp much lol...or their doing it till there is pvp to do...i dont farm so i only speak for myself on this situation...

26. Vaelix

Vaelix Guest

Good players Ran Million Gold suits before faction gear.. the only thing that Changed.. Is the Gear is Easier to get.. Thats all.

27. Damien Softstep

Damien Softstep Visitor

I wonder why the population has been steadily declining over the years?

Same three guilds for the last two years steadily pvp'ing JSV/KIN, TNT, SP!...

28. Vaelix

Vaelix Guest

Because people are becoming more and more trammy.. The are given perfectly reasonable pvp items *Faction Gear* Which is easy to get..

They are Basically Handed free gear in faction items.. but its not enough.. They gotta have it even easier.

29. Damien Softstep

Damien Softstep Visitor

And having your name stamped on a piece of faction gear that cant be used by anyone else isnt trammy?I dont want faction gear here period...it goes back to my whole post about {blessed} items...

30. Vaelix

Vaelix Guest

I ran good gear... Anyone can.. The difference between me and them.. Is they have a Trammel Mindset.. I have a Fel Mindset.

I never played UO PVP before i joined siege.. I basically learned everything while i played here.. So i was a New Player without any experience.. But i picked it up and Started running good suits... Heres another good example

Mook.. the guy in TnT.. He was a Pvper before he joined here.. But he basically started with Nothing in the Middle of Faction Gear..

Took em like a Month? and hes been running faction gear ever since. Why...?

Because hes not Trammel mindset restricted.

31. Vaelix

Vaelix Guest

Obviously things need tweeked, but i believe they belong here..

It comes down to this..

You get obtainable gear at the same price in gold that you did before faction gear.. Its just in a Easy location to get.

Oh you lose 2.5 Mil when you die?? I've been losing 2.5 Mil every death for 3 Years.

32. Damien Softstep

Damien Softstep Visitor

Siege Perilous has been on the server list since 1999...ok it was nice to meet you but i must be going to my coffin...

33. Black magick

Black magick Guest

People grew out of it, or found another game they liked better. Also, free servers.

34. Diablo FTW

Diablo FTW Visitor

KIN as been made like 2 month ago so that a lie

35. Bruin

Bruin Guest

The problem with factions items has been it's reduced pvp to factions only.

Imbuing MIGHT change things now, however how in the world can a non-faction player compete with a faction person? They can't. Before, combat happened between the pk's of this shard and i'll just call them the normal people.

Raiding spawns, raiding player run towns, making rounds through the popular hunting spots, whatever. The pvp'ers/pk'ers always had the leg up, but at least when it was say 10 CWS/GIL fighting against 5 pk'ers, we had a chance. And it was fun.

Nowadays, regular gear against faction artied out players, we have no chance. So if there's a fight, it's over quick. And otherwise, we just hightail it out of there because there's no damn point.

When the game first came out the pvp'ers and non-pvp'ers were on an even playing field. A pk fencer carried a spear, studded armour, bandages and potions. A non-pk fencer carried a spear, studded armour, bandages and potions. The only thing that mattered was skill.

The AOS came out, and the pk fencer USUALLY had better gear than the non-pk fencer, but it basically came down to who had more gold. So given the same amount of gold, everyone was on the same playing field. However in areas like champ spawns, pk'ers could join factions and use faction ignore giving them a heavy advantage over non-factions.

Then cursed arties came out, and everyone joined factions so they could faction dye cursed arties. This basically meant that all the good gear was reserved for factions because most of the good gear was faction dyed, and non-factioners couldn't wear it. So factioners obviously had the huge cursed arty advantage.

Now we got faction items. Better than cursed arties, cheaper than cursed arties. The faction pk fencer can probably run 70 HCI, some DCI, all sorts of +HP/+Stam, LMC etc. The non-faction fencer has got what, 25 HCI, and decent resists? This is a numbers game and there's no way that the non-faction fencer has a chance. Yes the non-faction fencer can purchase cursed arties or equivalents, but these cost more than faction arties and aren't as nice. So spend more gold for worse stuff, the non-faction fencer is screwed.

So faction arties have excluded people from pvp'ing. You can say what you want to about, well if you want to pvp join factions. And I'll simply say, we'll if you want more people pvp'ing, don't restrict pvp to factions. What do you think happened to groups like UND, Orc, KSS, etc and the days that CWS/GIL/WC actually put up a fight?

Get rid of factions all together, get rid of cursed arties, and I bet you that you'll see the pool of people willing to pvp and wanting to pvp grow.

36. Freelsy

Freelsy Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

That's a name change dumbass, KIN is JSV. So they've been around for years now if you look at it that way.

37. Freelsy

Freelsy Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Let me sum this post up in a couple words.

Risk Vs Reward

First of all, I want to say that I agree with you in that factions has, in a way, taken over pvp. We, that play factions, have much more to lose than you. Sure...we run great gear, but it comes with the risk of being attacked anywhere, at anytime.

The Siege Perilous shard needs to get their heads out of their ass and realize its 2010. This isn't fuking 1999 anymore. Maybe you missed that memo. The game has, and always will be item based since its creation.

Here's a good set up for a non factioneer

Dexxer build

Spirit of totem *Cursed* Str 20/HCI15/RPD15 250-500k
    Totem of the Void 10lmc 100-250k
    Crimson Cincture 5dex/hpi10/hpr2 200-500k
    Quiver 5dci 125k
    gorget *imbued* \
    arms *imbued* - 24lmc/6mr/resists or hp/stam/mana inc - we'll say 500k
    gloves *imbued* /
    HOTL 15dci/95luck 200-500k
    Human/Elf Fey leggings 20dci/6hpi 200-500k
    Bokuto *imbued* 50spell/50HLD/50HLA/20SSI/30ish DI - we'll say 1mill
    Ring/Brace 30dci/30hci/50EP/16Int+ - we'll say 500k

overall cost - 3mil - 4.375mill
    45hci
    55dci
    34lmc
    50ep
    16int+
    16hpi
    6mr
    20str
    5 dex
    mid 60/60/60/60/60 resists

That can compete with any faction person out there. With the same cost upon death. If your fighting a mage, he can easily spend 100k silver on a suit. That's 3 million alone, not including a ring and armor pieces.

But I'm done ranting. Say what you will.

"Get rid of factions all together, get rid of cursed arties, and I bet you that you'll see the pool of people willing to pvp and wanting to pvp grow."

If that ever happened, I'm done.

38. Førsaken

Førsaken Guest

To get back on track for a second...

In my opinion the blessed spellbooks aren't really hurting anyone. Sure, they have great mods on them, but if you're not running a shield as mentioned above in this day and age, you are failing. I wouldn't suggest running a book + shield, so that accomplishes nothing.

As far as I see it now, blessed spellbooks should = PvM, shield = PvP-amirite or amirite? :thumbup:

As for faction gear...It would just be an upset if they ever did something on SP like take it away. Why? Because people have either sold/traded off majority of their cursed arties or broke them down for relic frags.

They should simply take the name tag off faction items and allow an option to remove evil/hero hue in the I Invoke... system. Aka 30 LF to remove hue or something.

To sum it up, if you're not in factions, good luck and I hope you're halfway decent in PvP, else you're going to be broke fast. :p

39. Diablo FTW

Diablo FTW Visitor

you are the dumbass...KIN ARE WCB

40. Damien Softstep

Damien Softstep Visitor

JSV/KIN/WCB all the same thing for the purposes of me trying to say who pvp's currently...im well aware KIN has only been around 2 months...

41. Diablo FTW

Diablo FTW Visitor

they have been for 2 month yes... and they are not jsv . they are not the same,

42. Speedy Orkit

Stratics Veteran

SP's population declines because PvPers in UO have declined since 1997. That is a simple fact. TONS of NEW have been coming to SP lately, and none really PvP.

43. Damien Softstep

Damien Softstep Visitor

Then whats your excuse for all the RP'ers leaving?

44. Damien Softstep

Damien Softstep Visitor

Go back to sleep please...im gonna say this one more time and only once...THEY FIGHT TOGETHER...and if a new guild comes out called STFU and they allies or even fight with them on a daily basis yes i will include them into what i was saying...yes their not the same they just are allied with them and fight with them whenever possible...

45. Diablo FTW

Diablo FTW Visitor

Do you think you are good? freaking nooblet. who dont even pvp. and no one know about, ur nothing, ur just worthless , so stfu, and stop making thread like that, because that just mean you are a turd

46. Damien Softstep

Damien Softstep Visitor

You sound angry...

47. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

Well said, Bruin!

- "But, but, I´m a PVPer. I don´t care for the rest of the shard. If I can´t have my Trammel suit then what am I supposed to do?"

48. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

Damien.

I think the poll question should be more like: Should the invasion books be blessed on Siege?

49. Bruin

Bruin Guest

#1 - Invasion spellbooks should not be blessed on Siege. As a warrior, can I get a free blessed weapon on top of my siege bless item? I was under the impression the devs were going to get rid of the blessing, it just takes them 2 years to fix anything on Siege.

#2 - I'm not arguing against item based combat. I'm arguing against item based combat where a specific subset of the population (Factions) have access to items far better than anyone else does.

#3 - Please don't give me Risk vs Reward bull****. Risk vs Reward has been broken for a long time. Lets take a look.

Pk's (reds) -
    Risks - Can be attacked anywhere, anytime, by anyone.
    Rewards - Nothing.

Factioners -
    Risks - Can be attacked anywhere, anytime, by only people in opposing factions. 15 minutes of stat loss where all you probably do is log into your laptop and play your other character.
    Rewards - Access to the most powerful gear available. Instant get out of jail free card in faction runes. Faction abilities.

Everyone else -
    Risks - Can be attacked anywhere, anytime, by anyone, except in Luna, Umbra, Ter Mur, Zento, Papua, Delucia, Nujelm, Occlo, Serps hold, and moongates (who the hell goes to these places anyways). The pvm'er has absolutely no chance in pvp if they are attacked because the pvm'er is running around in LRC & Luck where as the PVP'er has HCI/DCI/MR/etc.
    Rewards - Jack ****.

#4 - Barriers to entry. Sakie said it best: To sum it up, if you're not in factions, good luck and I hope you're halfway decent in PvP, else you're going to be broke fast. :p

Either your the **** in pvp, and have enough gold for several suits, so you lose some or you win some - in the end you're even. Or you don't pvp. Anywhere in-between and you're screwed. How do you expect to get someone to get into pvp who has never pvp'd before, when there is no learning on the job. It'll take any normal person a few months of pvp'ing before they're half decent, and if you're not in factions they'll have to spend 2-3 mil per death just for the chance to learn? And you will be dying A LOT. The barriers to entry are way to damn high.

#5 - NEW people don't pvp because......most people on Siege have multiple accounts. Their pvmer, their faction character, or at least tons of soulstones so the can be whatever they want to at any given moment. Most new come with only 1 account, and no soulstones. Very very very few people want their one and only character in factions, just to be able to pvp. Some are willing to fight the uphill battle of this plus the cost, but it's few and far between.