1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Siege role players, your help please?

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Petra Fyde, Jul 12, 2009.

1. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Jan 5, 2001
    Please contribute to the document I'm hoping to compose from responses on this thread in White Stag Inn
  2. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Jul 28, 2000
    I probably can not contribute much if anything for this shard since I only been here since 2004, and the largest roleplaying group whom I once belonged to is way smaller now KSS. But I am sure GiL CWS and those remaining in WC can do that for ye for Siege.

When I first came here though there still were some UDLs they were in the tour Siege and so I met the few remaining that were here "then" It was an interesting tour. I forget when the tour siege tour was held somewhere in 2004 cuz I went to that tour as a newbie here. I got to tour then existing lively Iantown, Wintermoor, Shire and even a tour of some lord of the damned's home and a KiN town.

When I first came here, I attended a *festival* which I can still remember for I met this chap named Aeric Horn Ginsu and his alts, a Skylark, a Castor, a Sevi whom I knew from Chesapeake, and many others. Then some voice of thunder was giving some speech in the KiN chapel, named Py Lethius. And of course, some vile lord of the damned showed up and his motley crue to kill..think his name was Wrym... :) and there was always this guy with his terror & treachery some tnt chap and his crew, he was even challenging snarling at this Py Lethius fellow, and some twitching lich named Rykus was around. Siege then seemed very teaming full of roleplayers even them that never really labeled themselves as roleplayers here, all seemed to be playin some role on this shard of good evil or neutrals like DTAs.

And of course I came here cuz some lady ironically kept posting on UO HALL that Siege needed new blood and comically she played a lonely lady vampire. :) Why oh why did I oft find her lady vampiric posts on UO hall back then, bout siege needing new or more blood as some odd peculiar reason, to come here to check out Siege ? haha She still says siege needs new 'blood' and GASP she is a vampire. haha

Hopefully Siege will get it's updated info.

As for Chesapeake and all the other shards ye also doing ...to update the sight..my alliance on Chesapeake is with PaxLair, Dragons Watch and all of them. Pax is the oldest still exiting player run town and large alliance of roleplayers on Chessie. PaxLair is in felucca and if ya not seen it ever..you should just to update the sight. The buildings there in felucca Paxlair town are from years ago when seers and even Lord British added things into game to help player towns GROW, even special buildings and Paxlair is full of em..you should tour Paxlair felucca Chesapeake there just for it's UO historic significant wonder. It is located on the Fel side north of compassion Chesapeake, I have rune, so even I can give ya a tour of PaxLair fel side over there.

Anyhow I am sure Pax and Dragon's Watch [and all the other guilds allied with them] will update ya on still active roleplaying guilds and alliances and their respective Pax alligned towns across the facets there on Chessie. I even remember the once huge guild of Olag Hai fel side, roleplaying orcs swarming all over ches. once. :)

Good luck lass with this dauting updating task info and creating new live links, for all of UO shards roleplaying guilds towns, left alive all combined.
  3. OldAsTheHills

OldAsTheHills Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

May 13, 2008

So, you intend to play on Siege Perilous ! I wish you well and here is some advice.

1. Drop any and all pre-conceptions that anyone told you about Siege Perilous. Make
    up you mind about the shard after about one year of play.

2. Use your skills as you train...do not sit at the bank or other public spots macroing.
    Get out there in the field of play. This is one way to meet the other gamers. You will
    just cross their paths. You want to meet other players to gain Interplay... that is to
    talk with them...saying 'hi', 'hello', or 'whatsup' will be meet with various actions, including
    "you are being attacked by ....".

3. You are what you do in the game. Many Crafters are roleplayers, simply because they
    must do trading of resources and sale their crafted wares to other Gamers. Some Gamers
    must talk to be sucessful in the play of this Game. Some Gamers never ever say a word in
    this Game... because it slows them down during Tactical stituations. True, you can use
    Canned responses by using the 'say' or 'Yell' ingame macro, but is that really roleplaying?
    Keep canned speaking at a minimum...
    Beware using Vent or ICQ programs as alternative means of speaking...they have problems.
    Venting out the wrong verbal phrases will have wrong reactions.
    Not everyone uses those programs.

4. Define yourself to other Gamers. Find something unique to do, or an unique place to do
    those activities you have chosen.

5. If you gain wealth in this Game, it is best to have wealth that is useful ! Many a Gamer
    counts his gold/items like Silas Minar and tells themselves: I have won the game.
    The Game goes on, it does not end. Use your wealth to Interplay with others. If you loot
    a player or a Gamers IDOC, those items can be used to help others and yourself to meet
    other Gamers.

6. It takes patience to Interplay with other Gamers. Some Gamers, you will never be able
    to speak with. Accept it, and go on.

7. You can create your own Game within this Game. You can create a Premise of what you
    play and how you play this Game. This is your own personal Code of Conduct. You will engage
    with Gamers whos CoC is : Anything goes.
    Beware of conforming to other Gamers' method of play... you are to be true to
    yourself. Play your own game.

8. You always start playing on Siege Perilous as a person who is Alone. Not everything is
    possible to do if you are Alone. You may choose to join a guild, or not. Each way has its
    up and downs. Alone, there are some activities you can not do in a group.

9. If the premise is not working for you, change your Premise... change it because something
    happen in the Game. This gives storyline continuity. Why you changed is important and will
    be important to the other Gamers who know you ! Be vocal about your change and do
    actions that explains to others the Premise has changed. Yes, you can use those canned
    messages here.

10. There will always be some cross purpose among Gamers and their Premises. This is the
    greater Stage of the Interplay...and Yes, it can be one sided in the outcomes of the play.

4. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Dread Lord

May 12, 2008
    *smiles* How can I help you in this endevour... What sort of guild input are you looking for?

Yes... I will bump this thread unmercifully... Until you folks respond.
  5. SoulWeaver

SoulWeaver King of The Bearded Ladies
    Stratics Veteran

Dec 16, 2007
    I acutally met the Mayor of Pax Lair on Chesapeake I.R.L and his wife Winmere. My father was one of the founders of the Pax Lair in Fellucia he use to play characters such as Scruffy Rumbelly, Red, and had a Character in "The Band" called SoulWeaver
  6. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Dread Lord

May 12, 2008
    *smiles* He is a likable fellow. I met him in Austin.