1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Siege RoT Timer Prog?

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Hera - Siege, Nov 12, 2008.

1. Hera - Siege

Hera - Siege Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Nevermind,

I just don't even want to come close to the "It's a keylogger, I'm being haXXor'd" stuff.

If you have some programming experience or have access to Visual Studio 2008, PM me and I'll be happy to send you the source code.

You can make the front end look how-ever you like.

-H

2. Goron

Goron Guest

only if it includes a keylogger and rss feed.
    :mf_prop:
    sorry, i guess... umm, bump?

3. Hera - Siege

Hera - Siege Lore Master

Sorry, can't do either. . . Although does UO.com have an RSS feed? That could be interesting. . .

I suppose I could provide source code so people could compile it themselves if they want to check. I'm pretty sure MS is offering 'light' versions of the VS programming environments now for free.

Edit: It's a fairly simple program... so the light version wouldn't have any issues compiling it I wouldn't think.

4. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

5. Goron

Goron Guest

I was just teasing,
    thats why I included the rss requirement too, to try and show the keylogger part was just as silly.

6. Hera - Siege

Hera - Siege Lore Master

It's a fairly valid concern though, I realized it was a 'truth it jest' type of post, that's why I replied with the 'RSS comment.' :)

7. Hera - Siege

Hera - Siege Lore Master

I don't need one.

Wrote my own. :p

And mine even has a 'pretty siege icon' :)

[​IMG]

8. Petra Fyde

:) I'm not as clever as you, I wouldn't know where to start to write my own. I can barely manage basic html.

The one I use can also be set for a time, so it reminds me when I've got to log off if I've an appointment to keep.

9. a ghoul

a ghoul Sage
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

damn programming sucks...of course I wasn't very good at it. But I would be interested in your counter :)

10. Hera - Siege

Hera - Siege Lore Master

I'll make up a link tonight and post it later this evening/tomorrow morning.

I'll put a link to the compiled project as well as source code if you want to check it yourself for any nastiness.

On the side note, I really enjoy programming, I guess that's why I have a job that requires me to do it on occassion. :)

11. Blind Otto

Blind Otto Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Back when VB6 was still fashionable, I wrote a ROT timer that hooked into UOAssist. It detected when my skills went up, and sounded an alarm when my next gain was due. I then went overboard, and added things like a skill gain graph, and other utterly useless things, but it did the job. I might still have the messy source code somewhere. Unless I missed an announcement about how to get UOAssist working with KR, it's probably no use there, but it worked fairly well with the 2D client.

The functions are documented here, for anyone who wants to have a go at it themselves.

12. Petra Fyde

no, assist doesn't work with KR, and if KR actually worked as intended it wouldn't be needed anyway, KR can do pretty much all assist can, but the targeting is over complicated and still doesn't do what you need it to.
    I reckon over 95% of us still use 2D.

13. Hera - Siege

Hera - Siege Lore Master

Wow, nice, I didn't even look into that. . . Just wrote my timer straight up.

Thanks for the link.

And yea, Petra, I'm still using 2D. I really wish they'd learn to get the perspective right on the 3D clients. The avatar either looks way to big or way to small in comparison to it's surroundings. [It addition to all the other issues. . .]