1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Siege server moved to Australia?

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Raptor85, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Raptor85

Raptor85 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Ever since the server was turned back on today my lag on it has increased tenfold, i can barely control my boat while on it and actions are noticeably delayed.

netstat tells me the server I'm connected to is 63.117.27.244, I would ping it but it seems to be filtering ICMP...but I am in game and playing. (though it's so bad it's unplayable on anything but my crafter)

Anyone else experiencing similar?

edit: should note, i tested Origin and ATL, I'm fine there. I also fired up ut2k4 and was able to play a match with 25 ping...so it's not lag on my end.

2. Bruin

Bruin Guest

tracert siege.owo.com

I'm pinging in at about 80-100 which is unfortunately normal for me in Los Angeles. Btw it tells me the server is 159.153.233.47

3. Kas Althume

Kas Althume Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Work-DSL = 112ms to 159.153.233.47
    Work-HSPA = 180ms to 159.153.233.47
    Home-DSL = havnt checked but could play when the server came back up yesterday and this morning before work. Just the usual "lag" that you expect on an american server when connecting from germany.

4. Raptor85

Raptor85 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

That's not the correct IP, if that used to be the siege IP they moved servers....I even checked again to be sure. The IP range 63.117.27.244 is in is owned by Mythic Entertainment, and 5001 is UO's port unless it's changed since last week.

netstat -n | grep 5001
    tcp 0 0 192.168.1.13:48076 63.117.27.244:5001 ESTABLISHED

5. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I think it's highly possible Raptor is correct. Some servers were moved a few weeks ago and Supreme said at the time the owo addresses were no longer valid.
    http://vboards.stratics.com/1893117-post2.html

On the other hand, that address doesn't quite match the sequence of the others and uotrace can't find it at all.

6. Spree

Spree Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

min=16 max=20 average 18

7. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot

the ingame gui tells me the same 46ms for seige and altantic, great lakes, chesapeake, lengends

lake superior is slightly faster

8. Kas Althume

Kas Althume Crazed Zealot

Hmm yes 63.117.27.244 is the actual server IP. The patcher/loginserver are still in the old ip range. I can't ping that new ip either. I could play from home without problems. I will recheck when i'm back from work tho. With my notebook and hspa i do only bods while being at work.

9. Vortex

Vortex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Yep, im connecting on 63.117.27.245.

Its provided by AT&T out of Chico, California. I would assume the server is somewhere near there, probably in Redwood City, home of EA. (yes, I know they are a bit distant from each other but the Chico address belongs to At&T, not the server)

Its possible your lag will be temporary. We have some pretty severe weather going on. Well, its severe for the south, I think the northern states would call this summer.

10. Bruin

Bruin Guest

Ah, didn't know they moved servers. I don't think Siege is located on the west coast. Since I can't ping an ea server, according to the shard selection latency I ping <20 to all west coast servers and around 90 to all east coast servers (Siege included) from Los Angeles.

11. Raptor85

Raptor85 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I think your right...may have been a temporary routing issue or something, don't know what was going on yesterday but it seems fine for me today.

Just chalk it up to gremlins and move on i guess *shrug*

12. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

the ip information I get for the address is:
    putting it at Mythic's location in Virginia. Which makes the shown latency on the log in screen of 109, compared to 176 to Baja, make more sense than if the server were in California.
    uotrace still can't find it.

13. Vortex

Vortex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Your right, I just did a GeoTrace and got the same thing, don't know why ARIN had it registered in Chico, California...