1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Siege "update" from Cal in latest HoC!

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Tjalle, Mar 3, 2011.

1. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

2. Sprago

Sprago Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend IPKU

yea really dont expect much its actually really ****ing lame

like always siege its up to us we gotta get more arties on the shard we gotta get more armor on vendors we gotta get more everything on vendors **** the devs there not helping us anytime soon so its up to us

3. Spree

Spree Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Same **** different day

[​IMG]

4. Malagar T'sarran

didnt he said he would let us transfer from siege?

5. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

No.

He recently said it´s not on option. It appeared to be technical possible but was difficult because of the way it is coded and would take a lot of work to make it happen. Time and effort they don´t have to spare on that so it´s a no go...

6. Spree

Spree Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

7. Kael

Kael Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

It is possible...just isn't going to happen

Cal said it would require someone to rewrite the server code across the game.

I assume it would take a monstrous incident or decision for that to happen

8. Sandwich

Sandwich Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

The body language and incredibly awkward 5 second silence that followed the Siege question tells you much more than the response that followed it.

9. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

If it were a naked only xfer, with SS. It would be quiet easy. Pay 39.99 to xfer, manual xfer by a staffer. How hard would that be? With so little siegers, i cant see it being a big work load, for the profit

10. Symma

Symma Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I was sitting there watching the live chat, spamming my Siege question (long with others also asking about siege) and then the off camera asks Cal about Siege.

I went WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe! Finally, someone being asked.

And then his response....

Made me a sad panda.

I'm no expert on body language but all I can say is:

[size=+6]AWKWARD[/size]

11. Vortex

Vortex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

So, is it proper grammer to say "That's all I'm gonna say about that." when you didn't actually say anything about that?

12. Kael

Kael Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Least he had the Siege is a vocal group part right !! hehe

13. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I'm guessing its cause of Seige bless. Items have to be coded to drop the bless when dropped. Maybe thats the difference?

If thats not it I have no f-ing clue what it could be since everything is otherwise identical.

14. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I fear that siege is probably just going to be perpetually in zombie state. The shard needs concentrated development for at least a boosters worth of time, and that just isn't going to happen. Why not? Watch the video and replace all instances of "classic shard" with "Siege Perilous" and you'll have your answer.

They just don't have the man power to have some dedicated siege attention. :(

15. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

erm, no. Everything else isn't identical.

Every bladed item on Siege converts to a tool with uses when used to carve.
    Every fishing rod on Siege wears out
    Every hatchet on Siege wears out.
    Every crafted item of armour or weapon has more resists thanks to the extra armslore.
    Those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

They'll give us what they can, example the craft area Mesanna is building for us.
    What they've already given I'm trying to make more known, for example the change to RoT makes a tremendous difference, but not enough people know it happened.
    We are seeing a positive response to that. Check my invitation thread on UHall. Righty and Hoffs will both confirm we have new people on the shard. If we can just keep a certain player and his bunch from driving them away again.
    Be alert on Global for their actions and intervene as and when you can. Warn of scams, break up arranged meetings, kill and recover loot if you're skilled enough to do so.

For the Devs, if you can think of small changes that would help without the need of major system changes, we can suggest those.

16. Symma

Symma Certifiable

My annoyance with the Devs isn't just about their lack of updates for Siege, its just at times they seem not to acknowledge Siege needs help.

Sure we had that in game meeting with Cal and Mesanna and the change to the ROT gain cap. But that was a fairly long time ago now.

And I'm sure members here, like Cal suggested in the video, pester him alot. But, as a fan of Siege, I just get annoyed when I don't see any acknowledgment of Siege for months on end. Sure, Cal may be getting PMs alot about it but I don't see them for obv reasons as they're private.

I'd just like to see someone from DEV team to perhaps pop on Siege forums occasionally and spark up a conversation. Not asking them to promise anything, I know that they can't do that. But just to show up sometimes and get 'info' and maybe use it to discuss amongest themselves. Maybe they've done this before but it'd be nice to at least get a little more info from the DEVs.

I don't want big changes, that point has passed now. And I appreciate that the DEVs are very busy but a little more communication don't cost much :(

rant over

17. T'Challa

T'Challa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

They've done that. Anytime they do they get harassed and flamed by the ****tards on this shard. They won't be back.

18. Petra Fyde

That's ignoring the fact that Mesanna's posted here only days ago?

19. T'Challa

T'Challa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Haven't seen it. But I do surmise that it was an "info" post and any subsequent attempts at conversation with her probably fell on deaf ears. Happens a lot to Siege. Drop the carrot in the pit and run like hell for the next month or so. Keeps the natives happy (and paying subscriptions)

The only dev who ever gave a **** about siege was also one of the most hated, and I would lay a wager that to this day he has more posts on Siege forums than any other dev ever has.

Siege doesn't just look gift horses in the mouth, they send a haymaker through their front teeth.

20. Petra Fyde

Oh I dunno, I'm expecting that the next time we hear from her will be when she tells us she's finished building the crafters area we asked her about, complete with banker and animal trainer. It's about half finished at the moment.

21. Draxous

Draxous Grand Poobah

You mean like putting faction silver costs back to normal? Considering it took them 5 minutes to change it to 5x's?

They do the nothing petra. They intend to do nothing.

What happened to that "big change" we were supposed to get last fall? Last summer? ROFL give me a break.

22. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Oop... of course you are right petra. I dont know how I was so dumb to not think about those other intrinsic properties heh.

23. Hoffs

Hoffs Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

Given that they have no time to make any great changes, probably the best thing they could do for Siege would be to re-enable Advanced Character tokens here and actually announce it on the Herald (words to the effect of "we are enabling Advanced Character tokens on Siege Perilous, why not give it a try?"). This assumes that they only need to "flip the switch" on them to make them work again.

24. Nexus

Nexus Site Support
    Administrator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

You forgot to add all the items that are blessed on Prodo that would have to be altered when they hit Siege, or vice versa.

25. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

So make it a naked xfer with only Soul stones, and vet rewards