1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Siege worth it with a bad ping?

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Sifu, Nov 20, 2008.

1. Sifu

Sifu Guest

Hi, considering starting on siege, haven't played for 7 years.
    I remember PvP was very connection depended, i'am from europe and i ping around 120 to SP.

Should i bother with that ping if i want to PvP on a high level? can i compete?

thanks in advance.

2. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

What type of character do you like to play? If you are going to pvp with a stealth template the you will probably be ok. And there is no passive detect here on siege so getting revealed does not happen very often.

3. Sifu

Sifu Guest

Would prefer to play a dexxer.

Would also play Factions mainly if they are active enough, don't know if there is a stealth build that can compete with non stealth PvP chars.

4. Mystikal GIL

Mystikal GIL Guest

I play from Denmark with a ping 100-120, I played every template so far with no big troubles.

5. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Ping is not everything, I too play from Denmark with ping 110-120 and I know some have higher ping and do well on Siege.

Don't make a stealther, we have enough invisible chars who fear to show them self and say hi when traveling Siege.