1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Siege WTF!!!

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Silent Singer, Jan 20, 2015.

1. Silent Singer

Silent Singer Lore Master

You guys must really love torturing me. I mean, true sadism here.

I imagine you all sitting around one of the new marble fireplaces, nice virtual cup of coffee in hand, having a good laugh as you see me chase polar bear after polar bear around. I went from 0 to high 50s manually, no scripts, no shortcuts, taming my tiny heart out. Then Freja mentioned tokens in her post.

WHAT?

YOU CAN USE TOKENS HERE?

Guys, come on! Useful info!

:)

Of course I'm kidding with this disdainful tone. I really didn't know though. I finally gave up on taming and had stoned it off. But now, with shiny mythic token freshly used, I have jumped to 90 taming!

WOOT!

Anyway, thanks to Singularity for helping me last night. Now watch out siege, I intend to actually have trained pets to venture beyond my house. Any of you guys ever do champ spawns as a group?

2. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

3. VinnySP

VinnySP Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Safe Haven

Glad I could easy your pain abit friend lol, again... don't mean to laugh but..... anyways your welcome :gee:

Singularity/Sir Vincent

Igg A Pie likes this.
  4. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

It is the little things. *chuckles* Maybe someone should review and update the Siege info stickies here.

5. Kattasrophe

Nothing But Trouble

this was actually kind of funny.. If I would have known you didn't know I would have said something

6. Charles

Charles Adventurer

Wait.... Tokens on siege? /facepalm

Kat, startle, SpyderBite and 2 others like this.
  7. WhiteWitch

WhiteWitch Journeyman

/agree.

Thread reads like "haha you went and PLAYED UO when you didn't have to"

#7 WhiteWitch, Jan 21, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2015
    Kattasrophe and Blaeke like this.
  8. Silent Singer

WW, it isn't that, though I understand what you mean. When I came to Siege last September, I didn't start in a guild or with friends here. The first month I didn't speak to ANYONE because I was certain you were all murderers and my char was sooooo weak. I spent almost all of my time just north of the gypsy camp near minoc. I worked mining, tinkering, Magery, to get supplies, then started lockpicking and remove traps. Then I started venturing out, slowly getting gold from destard chests butdying a lot.

What I'm saying is I built my char from scratch just to establish myself, and then decided to work taming. This is an aggressively unfun skill to raise at some point because there is no pay off for weeks. Hell, after a month of prettysolid effort, I still want high enough to tame a decent monster.

I absolutely have no qualms using a token you expedite that. Just like other help here. One I saved enough gold from bank chests to get an lrc suit and small house deed, I theoretically could have continued in that manner for months until I could buy an 18x18. Did that mean I would turn down the help that several siege players offered once I started interacting after months of silence? NO WAY!

It IS about playing the game. Playing it in a way that is Fun, because that is the point. Building a siege character from scratch was fun, a lot actually, but then building a taming template from 0s want fun, just tedious after a few weeks.

So yeah, token me up! :)

startle likes this.
  9. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

I hope you know us better now :grouphug::heart:

startle and Blaeke like this.
  10. Silent Singer

Yes Freja, I know not to take it personally now if I get murdered. :)

And that even after being murdered or stolen from, I can still rely on you guys for help.

And that's cool. I'm actually excited to finally start taming some creatures to have a go at my esteemed governor's alter ego.

I fully expect to die. But I'll do it gleefully!!!!

Kat, startle and FrejaSP like this.
  11. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

use pinks and blues FTW

12. Joshua Ravenloft

Joshua Ravenloft Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

LOL... quote of the day :)

13. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord