1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

sig

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Sir Daniel, Jun 20, 2009.

1. Sir Daniel

Sir Daniel Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

can some 1 plz take the 420 off my sig plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

2. HaHa

HaHa Guest

Why, whats the guild name your in now?

3. Mr.StinkyPants

Mr.StinkyPants Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

what did u quit smoking pot?

4. HaHa

HaHa Guest

Fixed your sig for you, check icq sir. No need to thank me.

5. Patty Pickaxe

Patty Pickaxe Certifiable

Don't do it Daniel!!!

6. Sir Daniel

Sir Daniel Lore Keeper

haha i forgot about them damn links. omfc

7. Patty Pickaxe

I warned you!! How could you forget?? I'd think one link from Haha would burn a scar into your memory!:p

8. HaHa

HaHa Guest

Im just curious why hes not using the sig i made? I fixed it like he asked.

9. Skylark SP

Skylark SP Available Storage: 0
    Stratics Veteran

10. Skylark SP

Stratics Veteran

Or...

[​IMG]

-Skylark

11. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Guest

Skylark?

would you be so kind as to do the same for me??

if you would that would be great....take the 420 out of mine

12. Sir Daniel

Sir Daniel Lore Keeper

thank you again:thumbsup:

13. Skylark SP

Stratics Veteran

Elmer, because when the 420 was added (I think by Vortex) he probably had to work from the existing jpg and then compress it again...working with the already degraded file to remove it made it even more blurry, unacceptably so to my viewpoint. The best bet is to ask Kat (I think she made the original?) if she saved the layered file and just fix it for you again. I think she uses Photoshop. I thought the design was great, I remade it as close as I could in Paintshop (what I use), with some images I found, so I now have a layered working file if it needs to be changed. It is a bit different, but if you like it this way, you are welcome to use it.

[​IMG]
    -Skylark

14. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Guest

Hey, i love it.....its great! and thank you so much for your time.....its awsome

15. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Skylark - I like the new one!!

I didn't make the original for Fudd, but I took out the 420, toned up the color because it was looking a little washed out, then used a sharpen filter on it. I don't have any of the high dollar programs, but paint.net and GIMP work pretty well for me. :)

[​IMG]

16. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Guest

Stupid question, how do you replace the old one....it wont come off

Lol--------Never mind.....I fianlly got it...lol

17. Skylark SP

Stratics Veteran

Thanks! You make really nice sigs, and I didn't realize you were only using the free programs! Have you used Gimp very much? From what I have heard, Gimp can do pretty much anything Photoshop can do, but the learning curve to use it at that level...:talktothehand: I downloaded it way back, but was too unmotivated to figure it out just for sigs, so I stick with good old familiar Paintshop...I do have Photoshop standard font set envy, though. :D

Now the mystery is...who made the original Fudd sig??

-Skylark

18. Patty Pickaxe

Fudd had a "contest" to design his sig. He asked everyone to design a sig for him and post it. He chose the one he liked best. Someone may find the thread if they do a search. I am "search function impaired" and can never seem to find what I am looking for, so I someone else should volunteer. :p Or.... Hopefully Elmer remembers who did it!

19. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Thanks! I mainly use Paint.net because I'm more familar with it, but I use GIMP mostly for editing things out of pics. I am still learning how to use GIMP, but there are tools that GIMP has that paint.net doesn't, that I really like. The abilities you have for fonts are incredible! I sort of have to improvise with the freebie programs I use. heh

I was looking at Photoshop last night after you mentioned thats what you use and am thinking about purchasing the program, but will probably download the trial first. I am a little concerned about how text is handled. In paint.net, I can see what the font looks like in the list of fonts available to me, which I really like! I also prefer to add the text over the image so I can test colors and see how it all looks directly on the image. Some programs.. like GIMP, do not have that option and that really bugs me. :wall:

As for Fudd's original sig, I'm thinking her name was Kimmera Dreams. Not sure if I spelled her name correctly or if I'm even remembering it right. She does very nice work!

20. Skylark SP

Stratics Veteran

Hehe...I've actually never used Photoshop either.

Paintshop ~ $70
    Photoshop ~ $700

For playing around with sigs, and touching up digital home photos, my choice was clear. :(

Paintshop is a nice program, especially considering the price, and it is capable of far more than I know how to do, although I can't say it improved when Corel got its grubby hands on the product.

I use Paint.net a ton, though...I agree it is a great, fairly user friendly program, and who can find fault with FREE...the newest version has a lot more stuff, some of the things that I used to have to switch to Paintshop to use in the past.

Let me know how you like Photoshop, if you decide to purchase it.

-Skylark

21. HaHa

HaHa Guest

[YOUTUBE]mv2v7z4QAcg&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]