1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'UO Catskills' started by Norrar, Aug 7, 2008.

1. Norrar

Norrar Lore Master
    Governor Stratics Veteran

May 25, 2008
    Think we'll be seeing another burning house on cats. saw a vendor with 4 barbed runic kits at 3 mil a peace.... *sad face*
  2. Vallend

Vallend Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Feb 16, 2005
    Most of the shards still have vendors selling these items that may be duped. EA/Mythic has taken action against those players found to have large amounts of duped items on their accounts. Now we are just waiting to see if they also do something to these vendors owners and the owners of the houses the vendors are located on. Still most of these vendors are on throw away accounts so maybe EA/mythic is tracing the duped items back to the real sellers main account or maybe even to the person who made these copies in the first place?
    Who knows maybe soon we will see many houses on fire. :p EA/mythic may just be giving them enough rope to hang their selves.
  3. Giggles

Giggles Forum Administrator
    Administrator Moderator Professional Stratics Veteran Social Media Liaison Campaign Supporter The Squirrel Empire

May 12, 2008
    I dunno, I know with me I have about 6 bod frenzy days a month. I collect bods via Idocs, and once I get around to filling them all I pop up anywhere from 2 to 6 barbed runic kits on my luna vendor, and usually sell them for 2.5 mill each. Mine are obtained the legit way, by A LOT of mouse clicking and the occasional kick to my computer, and many many many hours of pondering why the heck am I doing bods?
    So just because someone is selling a few barbed kits doesn't mean they are duped/scripted. The vendors to watch out for are the ones who ALWAYS have barbed kits at least 4-6 everyday of the month. Thats quite impossible to do and keep stocked. My kits always sell out within 2 days at least. But thats just my 2 cents :)
  4. Gildar

Gildar Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Apr 22, 2004
    Legit barbed runics aren't actually that uncommon. They're significantly easier to get than verite/valorite runics.

Also, there are still lots of scripters running free. Smart scripters are quite a bit harder to catch than smart dupers.