1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Sigil timer off???

Discussion in 'UO Factions' started by Experimental, Sep 22, 2009.

1. Experimental

Experimental Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

An opposing faction stole a sigil from our base and it was just slightly over SIX minutes from the time it was removed from our base monolith until I stole it back and returned it to our base monolith, but it STILL reset the timer.
    I thought it had to be TEN minutes before the timer was reset!!!

2. Cardell

Cardell Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

eww sigil hax!

3. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

I haven't been running sigils for the past week or so. Not sure if there is a timer issue or not. Normally a sigil stolen from a faction base resets in 15 and bounces back in 30 minutes, if it isn't placed.

Did you actually witness the person steal it from the monolith or was it returned within 6 minutes from the time you first saw him with it? He may have been holding it for a bit.

4. Experimental

Experimental Lore Keeper

I witnessed the other guy take it off our monolith and run. I then recalled to his base and waited for him, watched him place it and recall out whereupon I immediately stole it and ran it back to our base. All told, just a little over six minutes.

5. JC the Builder

JC the Builder Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Maybe the reclaim timer expires when it is placed on the enemy monolith?

6. Experimental

Experimental Lore Keeper

Another "unannounced feature" maybe?? I doubt that's the case, but if it is, then it's lame.

7. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Possibly unannounced change... or unintentionally broken. They haven managed to break quite a few things lately! Walking character statues, disappearing egg bombs, non stackable eggbombs and who knows what else.

Send it in via bug report.

8. UltimateNoob

UltimateNoob Guest

The timer could have been reset in an earlier theft attempt or in a later one when you weren't watching.