1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Blacksmithing] Silver-etched maces. Bye Bye!

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by sirion, Feb 16, 2009.

1. sirion

sirion Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Silver-etched mace was my favorite weapon to craft until 2008 Halloween introduced the Conjurer's Trinket [undead slayer tallisman] that ruined it for me, if not further for crafting. :yell:

I would buy whatever blue diamonds I could find and burn many bronze runic hammers and keep only ones with Mana and UBW. The number of keepers would be extremely low, especially if also with HCI and SSI. That fun is now taken.

Just a thought.

2. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

I don't see a problem at all from the trinket.

Using the trinket AND a S-E Mace means you don't have to casst Enemy of one anymore, allowing many people to further reduce the amount of chivalry on their template.

3. aoLOLita

aoLOLita Sage
    Stratics Veteran

So they stack, Basara? If so, would a Repond slayer alos stack with say a Vermin Talisman to increase damage on the Ratman Champ?

4. HOLLYWOOD_Siege

HOLLYWOOD_Siege Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

yes.

5. RichDC

RichDC Guest

Oh and im pretty sure it works that if a Repond Spellcaster casts on you with the tali on it actually increases the damage you take.

6. Turdnugget

Turdnugget Guest

I thought it was only if it's the opposite slayer you take double damage?

Like if you're doing a rat spawn with Conj Trinket you take double damage. And if you're doing undead spawn with Soulseeker (repond) you take double damage.

7. RichDC

RichDC Guest

Normally its if you have the opposite slayer you do half damage, not take double damage.

Try it with a friend, get him to cast flamestrike on you...then polymorph into an orc and repeat, funny as F*CK!!

8. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Rich, no, you do full normal damage with an opposed slayer, and take double damage from those opposed creatures.

It's been tested repeatedly by players, and stated repeatedly by devs. Go equip an undead slayer and a conjurer's trinket, and get hit by an ogre.

My tests:

Normal weapon, normal talisman vs ogre: ogre took 30-33 damage, I took 3-4
    Undead Slayer weapon, normal talisman: Ogre took 30-33 damage, I took 5-7
    Undead Slayer weapon, Conjurer's Trinket: Ogre took over 30 damage, I took 7-10 damage.

9. I still make them and hope someday to get one with Demon Slayer property for Doom. Anyone make one yet?

So far the best one I've made with a bronze runic gave me
    Undead Slayer
    HML 47%
    HLD 36%
    SSI 30%
    DI 39%

Now if that one only had Demon Slayer on it...

10. Dmaninuo

Dmaninuo Guest

ya, after burning god only knows how many hammers, I have a complete set of undead/repond.demon.arachnid.ect Its ok in doom, but I didnt notice anything spectacular. I just wish the undead/reptile one worked against the undead dragins in illshenar like I hoped.