1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Silver Snake Skins

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Fink, Dec 1, 2009.

1. Fink

Fink Guest

Is there any trick to getting silver snake skins?

I'm hunting in the Abyss in the eastern corner of the left half of the dungeon, just north of the bridge where there are maddening horrors. I'm getting quite a good swag of gems and venom, but no skins have dropped in several hours.

Am I in the right area? Do I need to initiate some quest or other to receive the drop? Or is the true maddening horror the rarity of these skins?
  2. Parser

Parser Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

May 15, 2008
    Try hunting in the Tomb of Kings. Occasionally killing a silver serpent will produce a skin on the corpse. Good Luck!!!
  3. Fink

Fink Guest

I don't know my way in there but I'll look into it, thanks.

Cheers, I worked it out and I got a skin on my first drop.
  4. Yen Sid

Yen Sid Guest

I do Farmer Nash's quest. The are a lot of things to pull up but I usually get either the SS Skin or Venom off of the SS's. And as a bonus you get 5 of 2 types of gems and a couple things you can unravel. All-in-all a good quest.
  5. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

Pay attention to the capitalization of the snakes' names. Only in the Tomb of Kings or Farmer Nash's garden (Tomb of Kings is better for farming).
  6. deraiky

deraiky Guest

In the very north of Ter Mur, where the High Land Bouras spawn (the hilly place) is a silver serpent nest with around 5-10 of them inside =))

If i had a picture of Ter Mur I could show you where it is :///
  7. Fink

Fink Guest

My information was gleaned from this page:

Item Catalogue - Imbuing Resources

"This item is obtained from Silver Serpents in Tomb of Kings and Stygian Abyss. Silver Serpents in Ter Mur and the old lands do not carry this item."

I tried in the Abyss first because I already had access to it but no bounce, no play.

Thanks everyone for the advice, I now have 10 skins, 120 shrooms and a whole pile of undying flesh. I can't believe how much people were charging for things so easy to obtain.
  8. deraiky

deraiky Guest

Ok never tried myself, just wanted to point out that theres a huge spawn :p
  9. Fink

Fink Guest

No worries, that's handy to know as I might head out there for venom milking. :thumbup:
  10. Ivorythorn

Ivorythorn Guest

Did they change this? I've gotten the skins off of the Silver Serpents in Ter Mur. I have a few, and I've never been to the places you mentioned. I'm going to make a trip later to Ter Mur, and see if I can get any.
  11. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

May 12, 2008
    Tomb of Kings... you'll get enough pretty quickly.
  12. Fink

Fink Guest

I'm also collecting enough grave dust and pig iron per trip to make up a keg or more of greater conflagration or greater confusion. So those, the gems, venom, gold, quest items, blue bone armour, and imbuing ingredients make it one of my new favourite hunting areas.

Thanks everyone for the advice.