1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Simple Question

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by Oglin, Nov 23, 2008.

1. Oglin

Oglin Guest

How do I rename pets? I've read most articles and can't find the answer to this question, please help.

Thks
    Oglin.

2. Nexus

Nexus Site Support
    Administrator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

In 2D drag off their life bar click the text for the name and backspace it out to empty the bar then type in the new name and hit enter.

3. Oglin

Oglin Guest

THanks a lot that was begining to drive me mad!!

Oglin

4. Nexus

Nexus Site Support
    Administrator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

NP what sucks is when you rename one on accident though :-( It happens and you don't realize it and you go to claim it and your pet is named something like

a CuNoob Sidhe

5. Lady Arwen

Lady Arwen Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

hahaha! yea, thats always nice.

6. Fink

Fink Guest

You can keep spaces in the pet name by typing around them ie: don't backspace over them.

I have a character that sells mounts and so forth, I rename all his stock:

selling lesser hiryu
    beetle for sale
    forge for sale
    selling golem
    selling swamp dragon
    etc

7. Sarphus

Sarphus Guest

I'm pretty sure you can add spaces to pet names in KR still.

To rename pets in KR, you locate your "Pets" window and click the pet you want to rename. Type the name you want in the space provided.

8. Hinotori

Hinotori Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Yes, you can get extra spaces in KR. And you can put Lord or Lady in their name with it too.

9. Lady Arwen

Lady Arwen Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

If you name the pet in KR then swich back to 2D it will still keep the name right?

10. Trinsie

Trinsie Guest

Ok, I am probably the dumbest person ever. I cannot figure out how to rename a pet in KR. I spent a good our trying to google the answer and looked all through the KR FAQ posts and New player KR guides and everything.

Above someone says you do it at you "pets" window. I am not sure what that means but I tried at the claim guy and by dragging my pets name and tried on the pet health bubble thing. I can not find any way to rename it.

Edit: Found the answer. There is a tiny arrow on the left side of the screen you must click to bring out the pet menu.

11. Hinotori

Stratics Veteran

Yes, pets named in KR keep their name even in 2d.

that arrow on the left side in KR is to tiny and easy to miss

12. Sarphus

Sarphus Guest

weird... I thought the pets gump was defaulted as expanded when you have pets out. Yours was clearly collapsed...

I never thought to put a lord title on a pet of mine. hmm...

"Lord Fluffy"

13. Diomedes Artega

Diomedes Artega Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

It might be funny to some people, but...I after taming a pet like to rename it to whatever day I tamed it.

Example, today is Wednesday...I tame a nice pet today, I rename it to TamedWednesday. Call me silly but I never remember otherwise.

That way when next Wednesday rolls around I will remember to feed it :p

14. Hinotori

Stratics Veteran

That's not silly. I do that too. Sometimes with the hour too. So it woul be "Thursday Eight" if I fed it at 8.

15. Diomedes Artega

Diomedes Artega Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Hey that's neat...I never thought of that idea. I always play in the evenings and do taming at a certain time so I never had the need for putting the time as well to remember. But...that is a NICE Idea :D

16. Lady Arwen

Lady Arwen Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Ahh!! Im trying to rename my pet in KR, Its wont let me add spaces!! *crys* Did they change that or something? Or is there something extra you have to do to add spaces?

17. Hinotori

Stratics Veteran

Everytime you hit enter to rename a pet, it puts an extra space it. Just move cursor over to get that space. You can't type spaces into it.