1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

SIMS ON LINE is coming! NOT! (lol)

Discussion in 'EA Land/The Sims Online Stratics Forums' started by Guest, Apr 17, 2008.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

When you go to the official The Sims 3 and click to:

Join The Sims™3 VIP List!

As a member of The Sims™ 3 VIP List, you'll gain exclusive early access to previews, videos, screens, special offers, opportunities to give feedback on the game in development and more. For a limited time*, sign up and get a status
    upgrade to The Sims™ 3 VIP List as a Founding Member!

Contact me about The Sims™3 and other EA entertainment products, news, events and promotions.

You then go to a page where one box is automatically checked - the box is Sims On Line.

EA-Land will be a portal - and Sims On Line will be the real game.

[​IMG]

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Mail I got, after signing up:

Dear EA Subscriber,

Thanks for updating your information with Electronic Arts! You'll now receive
    - EA Games
    - The Sims Online
    as you've requested, at this email address.

Have fun,

Your Friends at EA

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Sim Online? Are you talking about Sims 3?

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Yes; when you sign up to be a 'founding member' of Sims 3 - you get what I wrote; what you sign up for is a newsletter on 'Sims OnLine'....

http://thesims3.ea.com/

5. Guest

Guest Guest

I've been to that page but my understanding is that it will be a standalone with no online access.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

As I said; try signing up as a 'founding member' and see what you get.

The Sims OnLine...

7. Guest

Guest Guest

if this is true, we have been dumped on royal

8. Guest

Guest Guest

You must have looked at the wrong e-mail. This is what I got after I signed up for the The Sims 3 VIP(for mailing list)

Hi !

Thanks for signing up for emails and newsletters from The Sims™ 3! You'll now receive all of the latest and greatest news and info about The Sims™ 3 at this email address, as you've requested.

If you'd like to manage your preferences or sign up for more emails and newsletters from Electronic Arts, just click on the link below:

http://preferences.fun.ea.com/ea/ea_prefctr.asp?Brand=gam

Have fun,

The Sims™ 3

EDIT: I just now signed up again using another e-meil address and got this after I hit subnit.:

Thanks for signing up to receive information about The Sims™ 3 and other cool EA products, news, events, and promotions!

To ensure that you receive our emails please copy [email protected] and add it to
    your address book today.

Click here to go back to the website.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Whatever link I went to - it is as I wrote about; and the box already checked was Sims OnLine

Why would a new EA-product promote 'Sims OnLine' - if there is no such thing anymore?

"Contact me about The Sims™3 and other EA entertainment products, news, events and promotions.

You then go to a page where one box is automatically checked - the box is Sims On Line."

10. Guest

Guest Guest

I have yet to see anything that leads me to believe there is an online component to Sims 3.

11. Guest

Guest Guest

maybe they forgot they had *sims online* links there that should have been removed since in reality sims online is no longer in existance, since it is now known as EA-Land? Is most likely the situation.

12. Guest

Guest Guest

I just think they will have to - either update EA-land's graphics - or create a new Sims Online - since PS3 has 'Home' - which is exceptional in it's graphics and possibilities... But we'll see. I don't know how you can be a 'founding member' of a game that you play individually... [​IMG]

13. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

I just think they will have to - either update EA-land's graphics - or create a new Sims Online - since PS3 has 'Home' - which is exceptional in it's graphics and possibilities... But we'll see. I don't know how you can be a 'founding member' of a game that you play individually... [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

they already are updating ea-lands graphics, next time u go to login notce the *test center 3-test* option. That is where they are working on the graphic updates.

14. Guest

Guest Guest

Actually - it looks like you are right - after a little investigation I found this:

"But while Sims players are a connected bunch, EA's research reveals that they're not too keen on playing together, so there's no online multiplayer - not even an Animal Crossing style "visit my town" mode. Humble, Bell and the rest of the team feel that this isn't what The Sims is about. Trading items, and even trading Sim characters or entire town layouts, is one thing, but the actual running Sim itself tends to be a very private experience, something that users by and large don't want to share. The lack of multiplayer will disappoint some, but EA seems confident of its decision."

So I guess we are IT after all.... [​IMG]

15. Guest

Guest Guest

We will be getting Sims 2 graphics.

16. This is not the sims online. From what I read it is for the new Sims3 and is not an online game.

17. <blockquote><hr>

Actually - it looks like you are right - after a little investigation I found this:

"But while Sims players are a connected bunch, EA's research reveals that they're not too keen on playing together, so there's no online multiplayer - not even an Animal Crossing style "visit my town" mode. Humble, Bell and the rest of the team feel that this isn't what The Sims is about. Trading items, and even trading Sim characters or entire town layouts, is one thing, but the actual running Sim itself tends to be a very private experience, something that users by and large don't want to share. The lack of multiplayer will disappoint some, but EA seems confident of its decision."

So I guess we are IT after all...

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, no! I don't want other people's sims in my game! I'm worried about ugly sims and weirdly-named sims and ugly houses that obviously did not use cheats in build/buy mode!

I hope there's an option to turn that connection-to-others feature off!

18. Guest

Guest Guest

lol yeah [​IMG]

19. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, no! I don't want other people's sims in my game! I'm worried about ugly sims and weirdly-named sims and ugly houses that obviously did not use cheats in build/buy mode!

[/ QUOTE ]

"so there's no online multiplayer"

20. Happy Simmer

Happy Simmer Guest

I think you will find that by submitting that form you added The Sims 3 to your list of games on your EA Account that you want to receive updates for. You already had The Sims Online in your list and this mail just updates you on the games you are subscribed to receiving information on. The Sims Online that you see there is the old TSO, which still exists in their system for newsletters and updates. [​IMG]

21. SammiiBeta

SammiiBeta Guest

<blockquote><hr>

Dear EA Subscriber,

- EA Games
    - The Sims Online

Have fun,

Your Friends at EA

[/ QUOTE ]

I got this same email as Nadi did but It doesnt say Sim3 is Sims online it just says you will get email about both it would be nice to have a game you could play both offline and online though

22. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Dear EA Subscriber,

- EA Games
    - The Sims Online

Have fun,

Your Friends at EA

[/ QUOTE ]

I got this same email as Nada did but It doesnt say Sim3 is Sims online it just says you will get email about both

[/ QUOTE ]

Its probably whatever games you have registered on your account.

EA wide will send you an email to that address based on the games you are subscribed to by them.

Thats how I read it. Not that there is a new game coming out.

23. <blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh! I was not referring to an online multiplayer game, just the part of the game that connects players to each other! For example, in this quote:

<blockquote><hr>

"But while Sims players are a connected bunch, ...

[/ QUOTE ]

It sounds like a Sim-lier version of EA's/Will Wright's game Spore to me! Spore, via Internet connection, will automatically import other Spore-playing users' creatures and planets and objects so that a download exhange would not be necessary!!

My point is that I do not want that option for my game.

24. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh! I was not referring to an online multiplayer game, just the part of the game that connects players to each other! For example, in this quote:

<blockquote><hr>

"But while Sims players are a connected bunch, ...

[/ QUOTE ]

It sounds like a Sim-lier version of EA's/Will Wright's game &lt;a href="spore.ea.com" target="_blank"&gt;Spore&lt;/a&gt; to me! Spore, via Internet connection, will automatically import other Spore-playing users' creatures and planets and objects so that a download exhange would not be necessary!!

My point is that I do not want that option for my game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh... well - it's an option... no one can download anything to your game but you... [​IMG]

25. That's reassuring! I can't wait until The Sims 3! Wow, 2009, that is so soon. I never even suspected there would be a Sims 2 years after I started playing The Sims. [​IMG] It also sounds like it will have a ton of new, exciting features.

26. Guest

Guest Guest

Its must be an error of some sort. I've had things like that happen before.

Would be kinda cool if they were going to make some sort of marketing campaign for EA-Land through the sims 3 though. Might help more in repopulating the game and ensuring we keep our game alive.

27. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

EA's research reveals that they're not too keen on playing together

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone feeling like a lab rat??

28. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You read my mind.

29. <blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, and wondering about the validity of the 'research' -- and whether there was a bias built into it. Or, rather, why? [​IMG]

30. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, and wondering about the validity of the 'research' -- and whether there was a bias built into it. Or, rather, why? [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]I'm just here for the free cheese. [​IMG]

31. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You read my mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing new under the sun - it's called 'marketing strategy'... [​IMG]

32. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

I think you will find that by submitting that form you added The Sims 3 to your list of games on your EA Account that you want to receive updates for. You already had The Sims Online in your list and this mail just updates you on the games you are subscribed to receiving information on. The Sims Online that you see there is the old TSO, which still exists in their system for newsletters and updates. [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

you are 100% correct, tso was already subscribed to therefore it simply showed on the list of subscribed email newsletters is all.

33. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I'm just here for the free cheese. [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not unless I make it to the end of the maze first! [​IMG]

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!