1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[BUG] since last patch running in place, stuck..

Discussion in 'UO Enhanced Client Discussion' started by aarons6, Jul 19, 2011.

1. aarons6

aarons6 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

anyone else getting this?
    i go to run away and my guy freezes and runs in place for a few seconds..
    once he stops running i can start moving again.

2. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

is normal, happen when you have an heavy lag. If you run too far from the real position the client lose the sync and you must logout.

3. Richwarf

Richwarf Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Normally yes this is correct.

But I getting this too and I know its not lag to the server or my connection. I changed to CC and running fine. So it is something EA/OSI broken :(

4. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder

depends just on the time that clients takes to receive the data and show the items... from beginning the EC client was slower than CC, but it's just like to compare paint to photoshop, obviously photoshop is heavy but gives you better results :)

5. aarons6

aarons6 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

i dont think this is lag.. ive been getting this a lot and when it happens i can teleport with my mages and move around or recall away. my guys are just stuck..

one time it happened at the bank and i just left it, i could open my bank and chat and everything..

6. lucitus

lucitus UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

What i cant understand is, why needs it so long, over 4 years to get a client running? 4 years i mean development of the whole client didnt take soo long.

The engine itself is a fail and would fail again, it is not perfmored and doesnt have good graphics. I also dont understand what they are doing all day long?

Sit down log in the game play 2 - 3 hours and you can reproduce all bugs written in this forums. One day it is the day the final patch comes out, if it is better than now nobody knows, but UO's client support is the worst out there on the market at the moment.

7. aarons6

aarons6 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

i agree, but they are cheap..

uo should have been redesigned on the dragon age I or II client.
    that client runs so much better on my pc.. you can zoom, pan, tilt, rotate.. everything UO should be able to do..

8. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder

I think navrey's area is the key to fix the last crashing issue... just running this area generates a crash every turn around :D