1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Since none of you like the passive detect idea...

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Kage, Dec 22, 2008.

1. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

2. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

I like my idea better...la

3. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I like your idea as well but it really wouldnt hurt anything because of the new faction items that are out...

4. TheScoundrelRico

As I said...unbless everything. Spellbooks, ships, vet rewards, and get rid of the Siege and Faction bless. Let's see how players come out to play if they can lose everything they take out with them...la

5. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I would just run stealth and not worry about loosing that much :lick:

6. I'd respect that Rico, no blessings nothing.

Thats what attracted me to this shard, is I thought, before having anything that nothing is blessed, no soulstones, one character so our community would thrive....but that is hindsight now that everyone has bazillions of ss's and fragments.

GL in getting that finished. For now we have what we have.....whiners and cryers....*sniffles* I being one of them...

7. TheScoundrelRico

LOL, I've dropped over 200 bucks for soul stones, but I'd be all for disabling soulstones on Siege. If people had to stick with their templates, it would be interesting to see how they adapted.

Not sure about the single account (I have 4, lol) but again, I would like to see how the shard adapted to only one account per person (even though people would figure out how to get around this)...la

8. shipwrek

shipwrek Guest

Sounds like a blast. Hey why stop there, make it so you can starve to death or if you loose your clothes you freeze to death.

Hell that's still care-bearish, be a real man and make it so if you ever die, you start from zero on all stats and skills again and have to run a quest, dead, to be reborn.

If you die after that, people actually come to your house and beat you with canes.

Yeah, good times.

9. burdensrise

burdensrise Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I'm not trying to deny your idea but the result would be a lot worse than Siege is currently. Right now many of you think we have a griefer problem as is. Can you imagine if we can gank people and loot there vet rewards, loot there ethy mounts, loot there old siege bless items, there spellbooks and there soulstones. And we think it is hard as is to get new people to start here.

10. TheScoundrelRico

Lots of people running around in gm player made armor, gm player made weapons, people on real horses, not being able to gate out of a troubling situation, not having soulstones to change their template every 24 hours? Sounds a lot like UO of old.

I'm in...la

11. [Hell that's still care-bearish, be a real man and make it so if you ever die, you start from zero on all stats and skills again and have to run a quest, dead, to be reborn./]
    Whoa, have you seen the care-bears recently? There are many new fuzzy little bears now. Like the bear you can never touch, called Invisy-bear, or the one in the black robe with hood called Not-so-friendly bear. Oh oh oh, how bout the bear with the black-eye called Can't evade-my-fisty bear. What do you know about Carebears anyway? :lick:

12. Sprago

Sprago Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend IPKU

Yea kage i liked all your ideas there except the stealthing in form thats goin a little extreme

13. Kage

Kage Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I didnt really think it was extreme. You can't stealth while riding a mount can you? why should you be able to stealth in a form that allows you to run at mount speed?

14. Sprago

Sprago Certifiable

in days of old, in the start of this game there was no ROT either. Take away ROT so many would come to this shard then this shard be fun. It would bring in new guilds from other shards alot faster then even possible now. Take away ROT i would dump my stones today

15. Sprago

Sprago Certifiable

Thats the thing though your not mounted you just changed forms i view that as different.

16. nightstalker22

nightstalker22 Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I was thinking about enhancing the taming template, not taming per se, but interactions with the pet. Make them hungry, tired, and breedable! Pure bred animals, stronger than regular tamed, they can use special abilities like ' burst of speed ' for a short distance, that freshly tamed animals cannot, and that ethy's cannot, as they are zero maintence mounts.

It will cause people to stop using the ethy's, so they can be faster on a mount in times of need, it will stop all the stealthing, if people want a nicer ride.

How many thieves will escape on a Charger of the Fallen when stealing from someone on a pure bred animal with burst of speed skill, or running horn thrust? ( unicorns )

The animals would have their own gump much improved from animal lore gump, so you actaully have to keep it healthy to use it's abilities, and to mate it with others.

It would add value to the pets, and people wont abandon theirs when attacked, knowing they can just tame another horse in a matter of seconds.

Tailors should be able to make saddles to ride gamans and the like, slow, but they would have abilities too.

And the only thing that would make this work is:

REMOVE PET BONDING

If pet bonding is kept, then everyone will have these great beasts, and there will be no advantages to owning one anymore, then it will just be more work maintaining the pet, like growing plants.

Alternative would be to let them bond, but they expire in a month or two, and die of old age, break a leg and have to be put down, whatever.

17. Sprago

Sprago Certifiable

18. Zippididooda

Zippididooda Guest

post of the year imho :D

19. Righty

Righty Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

nah, but u can shadowjump while riding a mount :(

20. Ru TnT

Ru TnT Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

think they changed it so that you reveal after shadowjumping on a mount.

21. RichDC

RichDC Guest

You know what...

I actually like those ideas.

As a thief i cant see it affecting my gameplay too much (altho trap boxes gna hurt now!!!Maybe 3times dmg 30hp?)

And coming from a shard over run with stealth archers who simply ar ignore one target...hide before u can cast and repeat i like it!

One other thing i think should be added was said in the other post...you cant hide for say 15secs after agro maybe more(like when a thief steals)?

OH one last thing...Any1 want to buy an icy patch??

FIRST SIEGE STEAL BABY!