1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Since the last patch mobile health bars are screwed up.

Discussion in 'UHall' started by MissEcho, Aug 31, 2015.

1. MissEcho

MissEcho Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Since the last patch it seems mobile health bars in the EC are totally screwed up.

They just don't appear, or appear ages and ages after you come on screen, or if you actually 'click' on the npc or mob. Mobs that spawn when doing treasure chests used to have their health bar pop up instantly on spawning, now they don't appear at all or only when you run on or off screen.

Trying to find npc's in town is near impossible, used to be you could run around town and as you came in range of them their names would appear in the mobiles bar, now nothing, unless again you run out and back and out and back etc.

The health bars also don't disappear when the mob dies, but remain on your screen until you manually close them. This is super aggravating. I have not changed anything in my settings but after the patch for the tc changes it started happening.

This is driving me insane, any one else experience this and @Kyronix can we get a fix asap please.

Mysts likes this.
  2. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Think you need to get that to @Bleak and beg him to come help us again.

3. MissEcho

MissEcho Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

4. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Lord Gandalf likes this.
  5. Parnoc

Parnoc Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Yep, happening to me too. Terribly annoying and I have my target macro set in conjunction with mobiles so it's messed up too.

Mysts and DJAd like this.
  6. MissEcho

MissEcho Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Also since the last patch when I die I cannot get the object handle of my body to appear when clicking cntr-shift (EC). It doesn't matter if the handles are set to dynamic or corpses, my bodies handle just doesn't appear. This is fine if you can see your body to target it but when it is buried under a pile of bodies you CANNOT LOOT YOUR CORPSE.

This happened to me the other night at the event when I ended up losing all my stuff because the handle wouldn't show. I could see the swirly graphic on the game screen and on the map it showed my corprse but because I couldn't get the bar to show up to click on it decayed before I could get to it.

It also happened at the deamon temple the other day when working fame up. Body buried under a hundred demon corpses, all the demon corpses showed up on cntr-shift and I gradually closed them all down but still NO BAR for my corpse.

It has since happened a number of other times now so not sure what they have altered to be causing this bug. Anyone else experiencing this? @Bleak I wish someone would look at it and fix it :)

7. Scribbles

Scribbles Babbling Loonie
    Professional Alumni

The mobile bars have always been glitchy for me. Sometimes worse than others. Sometimes it seems to works perfectly (not often). Never understood why. However when it fails it sux, its a big part of the reason i play in EC while pvping, pvming or doing events.

8. MissEcho

MissEcho Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I ONLY play the EC, this is happening in that client, and all the above only started to bug out since that last patch.

9. MalagAste

Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

@Bleak Since the last patch I haven't had problems with bars not updating like others but I can't seem to right click on things sometimes. It doesn't happen all the time but occasionally... it just stops working.

Seems rather random but VERY annoying.

10. Bleak

Bleak UO Software Engineer
    VIP Stratics Veteran

I will investigate this issue.

11. MalagAste

Thank you @Bleak. And good morning!

12. MissEcho

MissEcho Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

13. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

If someone could point me in the direction of some screen recording software I will make a video to show it.

Drives me nuts when fighting. Grab a players health bar then once they leave my screen it vanishes.

I'm grabbing from the actual player and not via mobiles bar if that makes any difference.

14. Mysts

Mysts Seasoned Veteran

15. Yadd of Legends

Yadd of Legends Certifiable
    Campaign Supporter

That @Bleak looks so intimidating

16. Kazute

Kazute Seasoned Veteran

Please investigate Show Name All under Options -> Overhead Text as it is not working properly either @Bleak. People have to come onto the screen twice for their name to show up. As for NPC's and vendors, you have to run onto the screen twice to have their names over their head. It is affecting currently game play as it's not just a issue on test shard 1.

17. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Yep I get this also. I have to move my mouse over a character or NPC for the name to appear.

18. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

19. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Awesome thanks mate. Just made my first video! Is there anyway to choose what bits I want to record? Like only show my game window and not all the hotbars etc? I can't work out how to get it higher quality either but then I only played around with it for a couple of minutes.

20. Bleak

Bleak UO Software Engineer
    VIP Stratics Veteran

This will be resolved next patch.

This will be resolved next patch as well.

Health Bars dropping is a Custom UI issue which will need to be updated to work with the latest client. I have provided details to fix issue in your above link.

DJAd likes this.
  21. Dot_Warner

Dot_Warner Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Britain [BRIT]

Thanks for squishing these bugs.

Hopefully, @Pinco will be able to fix it.

22. MalagAste

*crosses fingers and gets hopeful*

Thank you Bleak!!

23. Yadd of Legends

Campaign Supporter

I didn't think @Pinco was fixing anything anymore

24. MalagAste

Have you tried posting a bug to his website? He fixed one for me awhile back.

25. Dot_Warner

Dot_Warner Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Britain [BRIT]

He responds to messages and has made posts regarding the new publish.

As of right now, the Project Health Status bar on his site is sitting at "OK," I just don't think anyone is requesting new features...

26. Yadd of Legends

Campaign Supporter

Hm, maybe he better change that totally dismal message I get every time I log in with Pinco's UI, the one about UO being beyond hope and his project is dead. o_O

DJAd and Dot_Warner like this.