1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Broadsword team is seeking alternative castle designs! Learn more and discuss here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Broadsword is hosting a 20th Anniversary Party for UO this September! Learn more here. Will you be there, Guest?
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
    Dismiss Notice

Since when Remove Trap unhides self ?

Discussion in 'UO Crime' started by popps, May 21, 2014.

1. popps

popps Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

It was my understanding that the use of Remove Trap could be performed while hidden.

Yet, I have tried the skill while hidden (only 32 skill...) but it unhides me. Did anything change ? When ?

Or does one perhaps need to reach GM Remove Trap skill in order to be able to remove traps while hidden ?

2. Cephas [V]

Cephas [V] Journeyman

Such has never been the case for me: Remove Trap has always revealed me.

3. popps

popps Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Well, searching for info on this skill I found a post dated 2008 which clearly states that the one advantage of remove trap over using telekinesis (perhaps the only advantage as of now ?) is the ability to stay hidden while removing a trap while telekinesis unhides the caster. Considering that Remove Trap requires an additional investment in skill points it kinda makes sense to me that it would not unhide the trap remover.....

So, in these 6 years between 2008 and now there must have been a publish which changed something for this skill or perhaps it is just a bug ? Perhaps the skill is supposed to let the trap remover hidden (unless of course one fails and thus the trap gets triggered) but because of a bug it currently is not working as intended and is revealing the hidden trap remover ?