1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Singing Balls from Japan UO Shop

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Europa Trader, Sep 24, 2012.

1. Europa Trader

They seem to be account bound or something, since many of them are not able to be turned on, just says you have to be the owner. So this is another of those items that are account bound or will this be fixed or is there a way to fix it?

2. Olahorand

Olahorand Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

This behavior on reward statuettes requires the house owner account and you are being in your house (what I never found making really sense for a thing, which you still carry in your backpack and which is your reward at that moment, so why would you have to be house owner to toggle the switch) - could this be the case here as well?

#2 Olahorand, Sep 24, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2012
  3. Europa Trader

People tried it, but does it has to be the owner of the house? or cant co-owners ?

4. SinDee

SinDee Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

What does the singing ball do? Its a shame you have t pay un godly ammounts of gold for it from sellers and we cant log in the uo.japan store itself to order.

5. Europa Trader

Seems like you can turn it on but have to secure it

#5 Europa Trader, Sep 24, 2012
  6. Siabra

Siabra Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

This is the way it was with the Colored Book Covers, the Snow Tree and I am sure some other items I can not recall off hand..
    They were sold only in the uo.japan store then and still ARE only sold there and its been YEARS since they came out

I've heard also that the Singing Balls are only being sold for a limited time - I can't say for sure ..
    maybe someone else has some input on that

So .... when you say they are being sold for an ungodly amount, let me say this ....
    First.. you have to get to the shard- that takes an Xfer token - those are what 50 mill ish for 1?
    so you need 1 Xfer token 1 to get there & 1 to get back, so say now your around the 100 mil mark to just go there & come back
    (yes you COULD use a shard xfer shield IF your account is 14 yrs old & you have any vet rewards to pick)
    2nd .. People who put them on Japanese shard sell them for more than they pay, otherwise there is no sense for them to do it & that's including the high vendor fee's they pay
    3rd.. they are NOT on every vendor on a Japanese shard ... I guess a lot of people there just don't want to mess with it.. I don't know

Soooo.. I'd guess that people can look forward to them being sold only on those shards and good luck finding them

And I don't think a LOT of store should be sold at the UO store as they replicate often itesm that were given as :pre-order: etc
    .. but that's another post :p and a really long subject ... I don't post a lot but I've played since 1998

#6 Siabra, Sep 24, 2012
  7. Minerva Foxglove

Stratics Veteran

Bought on on a vendor and houseowner can turn it on. But it doesnt sing. Its a male and a female woice that say oh? and ah and giggles when I run past it on any floor of the house. Its the blue boar one.

8. Promathia

Promathia EM Bennu Fanclub
    Premium Stratics Veteran

Um, that is 100% not true. They WERE available to us (After they were available to Japan). They did not survive the switch to the new store (As, noone ever bought them, atleast not enough to warrant them putting them back on the site).

Also just to remind people, you don't actually BUY the singing balls of the Japan Store. You get sent a code for 1 random ball for every purchase of about 30 dollars.

#8 Promathia, Sep 24, 2012
  9. Martyna Zmuir

Martyna Zmuir Crazed Zealot

Because virtual shelf space is a precious commodity, right? :rolleyes:

Removing things from the code store, whether or not they were purchased en masse, is silly. They're virtual and costs no money to list.

10. Promathia

Promathia EM Bennu Fanclub
    Premium Stratics Veteran

I have no opinion on it one way or another, just stating the response when other items were asked about that didnt survive the switch.