1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Skeletal Drakes?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Petra Fyde, Oct 31, 2009.

1. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I have a comment on Hunter's guide wanting to know why there's no entry for them.
    Answer: The poor sap maintaining the database never heard of them till a few days ago.

Does anyone have info on them please? A piccie? anything?

2. Scarst

Scarst Lore Master
    Governor Stratics Veteran

Petra there are no Skeletal Drakes. There are Skeletal Dragons perhaps you had a brain fart it happens.

3. pgcd

pgcd Guest

I might have misunderstood, but somebody was actually talking about skeletal drakes as a new spawn in Ilshenar - apparently they're the same as skeletal dragons, except for the name.

4. JC the Builder

JC the Builder Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

5. Tazar

Tazar Guest

Interesting... I was in the back of level 2 of the ratman mine in ilshenar and not only are there skeletal drakes and the normal skeletal dragon - on Atlantic we also have a skeletal dragon (renowned). Another mini-champ-spawn?

6. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

Tsk, tsk, and you all call yourselves Uhallers.:scholar:

There was a thread on this over a month back. Yes, there are Skeletal Drakes. One spawns in the back of Rat Cave Ilsh.
    They're weaker versions of Skeletal Dragons. Not much to it. The Renowned Skeletal dragon that spawns in Ilsh as well is much more interesting. Especially when he spawns as a Paragon (and drops a Para chest).

He's a slightly different shade of grey-white than regular Skele Dragons.

And Petra, I already sent you pics of all of them. Tell me if they need to be resent.

7. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Wow how hard is the paragon to kill? I solo skeletal dragon (renowned) pretty easy, but haven't tried a paragon.

8. Tazar

Tazar Guest

Actually - if you check the dates, I revived the month-old thread once I saw the renowned. We have been told that there were things in SA that we had not yet discovered - I get the feeling this could be one of them.

9. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

Comparatively? Paragon Balron is a newb.

10. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Sorry, I found it. I missed a file when I re-downloaded them after my pc crash.

11. Yen Sid

Yen Sid Guest

While we are at it. Meraktus the Tormented. No info on Stratics except it's a "Champion Spawn," there is nothing in the Hunter's Guide on it at all. Not even an empty slot. I would like info on her please. I know a few things like she spawns in the Labrynth after killing a lot of Minotaurs. Other than that I know nothing.

*Edit* And Tormented Minotaurs that spawn with her, no info. Thanks.

12. Bazer

Bazer Slightly Crazed
    Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Stratics Legend

Weirldy enough i have a talisman with Meraktus slayer 97% on it and only way i found out what that was was by someone of the few who did that champ

13. Kojak

Kojak Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I've done the meraktus spawn a bunch of times - you basically sit there and kill the minotaurs for an hour and then meraktus spawns with 3 helpers with generic names - they all hit for the same damage but only meraktus drops the good stuff - you really don't have to bother killing the helpers at all

all 4 are pretty much rikktors with a different graphic - they earthquake etc. - I think they just ripped the attack code out of rikktor and plopped it into meraktus (in a ancient programming trick known as CODE REUSE - yay)

14. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Do the skeletal drakes cause pet loyalty loss like the skeletal dragons? I had a bad incident where I lost a good nightmare years ago. :( *pours out some of her 40 oz for her dead homie, Fluffers*

15. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

Skele dragons releasing pets hasn't happened for quite a few years now as far I'm aware.

16. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Good! That was very traumatic for me. Almost as bad as when I lost a nightmare on Siege logging out in a house I thought I was still friended to, but apparently got pk'd after I logged (was no longer friended so I was just sitting there). On fire island no less, so after I got ressed I had to pick up regs so I could cast gate to get off of it. Good times. :)

17. Wulf2k

Wulf2k Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Crusader of Chaos

http://uo.stratics.com/database/view.php?db_content=hunters&id=2994

18. Yen Sid

Yen Sid Guest

19. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Actually, there still are incidents where it occurs.

While the code was deactivated (essentially replaced with a different version of the monster), the old version of the Skeletal dragon was nt actually removed from the code, and EMs have occasionally used that old version for basing another monster on (usually by mistake).

It also seems that on very rare occasions, the old type will spawn via a glitch, according to reports, but that occurring is such a low order of probability that it is pretty much not an issue.

20. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Bro, the tormented minotaurs' area attack is a lot tougher than Rikktor's EQ. Actually, I forget if Rikktor's EQ dismounts you as well, but the tormented minotaur area attack can extend nearly a full screen, can insta-kill you, and dismounts you, a lot tougher than a Rikktor imo. Now, if you can disrupt it, I don't know, but whatever the special area is called, it's gotta be different than a Rikktor EQ.

The tormented minotaur is seriously the only thing in this game I don't want to fight. Anything else, I'm like, let's go for it. The only PvM reasons I die probably going to be the Stygian Dragon or a Tormented Minotaur. Got to love one-hit kill chance of chaos breath/EQ or the Tormented Minotaur's area.