1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Skill Gain using GGS from FAQ sticky above question.

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by Coals McSteel, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Coals McSteel

Coals McSteel Visitor

Jul 14, 2013

"A developed character can still speed up their GGS gains by using soulstone(s) to move skills off during training. Skill totals of up to 500 and 700 will give you slight increases in speed compared to a 720 skilled character, so they're an option if you can't drop to 350."

Question: When does GGS kick in? If I soulstone off skills to get under 350 do I have to wait the 5.6 hours to get the GGS gain or do I get the GGS gain right away? (I assume I have to wait the 5.6 hours)
  2. Wenchkin

Wenchkin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

May 16, 2008
    I'd expect you would get the next gain at 5.6hrs after you soulstone, but I'm not absolutely certain about that first gain - it's a while since I did the soulstone trick on a tamer. Try it as soon as you soulstone the skill and see, but it might just take that bit longer for your first gain. I don't remember a long delay, but I was probably due a GGS when I logged in to soulstone the character so it wouldn't have made any difference.