1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Skill Gaining

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Kodiak047, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Kodiak047

Kodiak047 Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

I am at 65.0 in fishing skill and it seems like it is stuck there. I have used 10 165 uses fishing poles and have not had a skill gain ove any kind what am i doing wrong?

2. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

where are you fishing? at 65 you need to be moving into deep water. If you don't have a boat try off Magincia dock

3. TheDrAJ

TheDrAJ Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Alpha and Omega

Get a skill training ball and a boat - sail close to land while checking skill

4. Kodiak047

Kodiak047 Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

I know that siege perilous it is harder to get skills up but in deep water i catch nothing and from dock my skills dont go up

5. Tazar

Tazar Guest

Originally - it was just shallow vs. deepwater for skill gains. Now there seems to be a progression from shore out to deepest water. Grab a Ball of Knowledge from the quest in Ter-Mur (It's easy) and use it to find the depth of water that is best for your skill level.

6. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

I did not know that, Tazar. *tips hat*

7. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

There's a reason I suggested Magincia dock. The water there is of varying depth. You can gain there when you can't gain from other docks.
    Here's a link for the quest you've been told about to gain a ball of knowledge http://uo2.stratics.com/questing/ortlem-the-mystic