1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Blacksmithing] +skill hammer use

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by Lorax_Pacific, Aug 22, 2010.

1. Lorax_Pacific

Lorax_Pacific Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Holding the +skill hammer and using a tong in your pack used to consume a use only on the tong. It now will subtract a use from both the tool in your pack and the one in your hand.

If you target the hammer in your hand for smithy then it subtracts only from that hammer.

-Lorax

2. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

I've never known it to NOT consume a charge from the ASH being held, going back to the publish that allowed an ASH to be held while using a runic (6 or so years ago).

3. Lorax_Pacific

Stratics Veteran

Hmm. I always held it and used tongs because it never consumed a charge. My +60 hammer had been 460 for over 4 years and now from use its 448. I used to do this with runics so I held the +60 hammer and used the runic.

-Lorax

4. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

If it wasn't using using charges, then you were bugged in a very nice way, until recently.

The only thing I could make that didn't use charges with a tool in my pack, while holding an ASH, were repair deeds.

I accidentally burned through half my first +30 using normal tools in 2004, from forgetting to unequip it.

5. cdavbar

cdavbar Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

No it didnt used to consume uses. Until last month sometime. My poor hammers are losign their charges fast now :( I believe they nerfed it becuase the +30 is great for RF farming with val ingots and the proper runic(s)

6. Silverbird

Silverbird Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

A +15 hammer and a talisman with 25% exceptional bonus is enough (at legend blacksmith) to produce knights war cleavers for 100% exceptional.

7. Lorax_Pacific

Stratics Veteran

Ya my +60 is in the mid 100's now. Makes me think I'm going to have to start doing bods a little more...Oh well.

-Lorax