1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

+skill item drawbacks?

Discussion in 'UO Spellcaster' started by Kiwillian, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Kiwillian

Kiwillian Guest

Is there a downside to relying on +skill items? I have a few for my main skills (+20 mage, +25 necro, +10 SS). Does anything check against real skill? I thought I read that a necro spell did, but it's not summon familiar (which I thought it was) as I can summon bats with my current 80 real and those need 100 to summon AFAIK.

Any know of anything that checks against real?

(I guess one drawback is switching out my +10 mage scrapper for a slayer, but that is not insurmountable).

2. RichDC

RichDC Guest

The main drawbacks are that you rely so heavily on those items, you cannot change your suit around too much to gain extra mods (LMC MR SDI) whatever your flavour is.

As far as i know its all checked on show skill.

3. Nine Dark Moons

Nine Dark Moons Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

i've been wondering the same thing lately. real skill vs. shown skill.

4. Turdnugget

Turdnugget Guest

I think only SS is the big one... at 100 SS you can see/talk to ghosts. at 90 with a talisman/items on to reach 100 you cannot.

5. Chaosy

Chaosy Guest

Also if you PvP and rely on spellbook mods, it's easy for you to be disarmed and find yourself in a very bad situation.