1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Skill Loss

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Muu Bin, Mar 19, 2009.

1. Muu Bin

Muu Bin Guest

Anyone have this happen to them?

Was fighting the invasion tonight in Brit, was killed by a greater dragon, and upon resurrection, found my skills to be decreased by approx. 1/3rd their original value. All my GM skills dropped to 66.7 and the other skills about the same amount (i.e to 2/3rds their previous amount).

When I clicked on the "show real" button on my skills gump (so that it was green) it showed the real amount. But when the button was red it showed the reduced amount.

I've recalled, gated, and crossed server lines but to no avail... it still shows the reduced amount. It's like I've been disco'd and it won't wear off (been a little over 5 minutes now).

Any ideas?

EDIT: Well... it finally wore off. After posting this I went back to the game (didn't log out) and my skills have all returned to normal. I haven't fought a greater dragon in a long time but i don't remember this kind of long drawn out effect or even a skill loss like this. Still curious if anyone has answers

2. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Jul 16, 2003
  3. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

Sounds like a Trammel factioneer.
  4. Ravahan

Ravahan Guest

Yep. All the invasion mobs count as enemy faction for the purposes of statloss. I'm sure you noticed the silver you got for killing them, even if its a small amount.
  5. RichDC

RichDC Guest

Trammy joined factions for the uber arties, farms points of other accounts in war zone and doesnt even know about stat loss!!!
  6. Splup

Splup Guest

Yeah, this must be funniest thread for a while.

Epic fail by maker of this thread lol.
  7. WarUltima

WarUltima Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Mar 3, 2004
  8. AaronTheAssassin

AaronTheAssassin Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Nov 3, 2008
    and this is why I hate when people join factions and do not intend to fight players. They think they can get all the good and avoid the bad
  9. Der Rock

Der Rock Guest

don´t HATE poeple for using possible game mechanics !

if, then hate the DEV´s because they implement this trash !

(Dev´s did this, to PLEASE you lost of handfull abandoned fel player,
    you fel player need easy-victims to slay,because you can´t play with your self)
  10. Beer_Cayse

Beer_Cayse Guest

This is funny ... as a non-faction player I still know the "rules of engagement". I figgered statloss just from the first few words. <shrug>
  11. RichDC

RichDC Guest

Nice attempt at a troll....NOT!

Factions is pumping on GL and before it was almost dead, the introduction of these wasnt a bad idea, the abuse of them by trammies is!
  12. Kellgory

Kellgory Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

May 14, 2008
    At least read what your getting into before you put chars into factions. Then again it could have been a case of the guild leader put the entire guild in factions and their only choice was to either go along or leave the guild. To put it in a nutshell, anything that is orange and kills you will put you into a 20 minute stat loss.
  13. JC the Builder

JC the Builder Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

May 12, 2008
    To be fair there should probably be a message indicating that what happened. You wouldn't know unless you read all the faction documentation.
  14. RichDC

RichDC Guest

There have been MANY posts about it, one of them involving draconi about going into stat loss of of Hatreds(unintentional).

It doesnt take much research...or even much common sense to understand if you can get silver of it you can get stat loss of it!

From the way the OP posted he didnt even know what Stat loss was!!!

These kinds of people are abusing the Fation arty system and need to be stopped. (btw im not in factions and probs wont ever be but i still understand why trammy factioners are hated...read first post for why!)
  15. Snakeman

Snakeman UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Jun 13, 2002
    They should never of been able to be used in Tram whats so ever. Fel Ok, it was to promote factions, but not to be worn in Tram. I have always said all Faction items should drop off the character within 5 mins when they come to Tram. Suit up/Rez, restock, etc., 5 mins is plenty of time. Then you look at the their resists, Faction items are much more balanced resistance wise then the Real ones.
    Example Inq Res gloves Resistances
    Real ones: 5, 3, 22, 3, 17
    Faction Ones:10, 10, 20, 10,10
    Heck of a lot easier to build a suit around the Faction items then real :(
    Probably get flamed, but thats my opinion (And I have a Faction guy & he wears nothing Faction)
  16. RichDC

RichDC Guest

No flame from me, i would agree with some change making either faction PvP spread throughout the facets or no arties in tram ruleset facets.

Edit: snakeman...you really should use at least the talismans and the crimmy!!!

Even my thief uses the crimmy!oh and the heart of the lion.