1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Skill Tracker

Discussion in 'UO Enhanced Client Discussion' started by deadite, Dec 1, 2009.

1. deadite

deadite Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend It's My Birthday

When I turn on the skill tracker it doesn't seem to update when I gain skill points. I have to turn it off and back on to reflect any changes.

Does it work for anyone else?

I'm still getting the hang of the EC, but I am enjoying it so far. I came back to UO recently and I'm using it exclusively. I hope EA plans to continue improving it!

2. Fink

Fink Guest

I find the interface elements sometimes fail to update if I've been playing for a while.

Sometimes when I'm parked in a safe area so I can leave the room for whatever reason, I'll just quit the client and restart it when I get back. If I'm going away for a few minutes the game will likely disconnect me anyway, and restarting seems to freshen things up somehow.

3. deadite

deadite Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend It's My Birthday

Thanks Fink... you are right. It seems to be working fine today!

4. Fink

Fink Guest

I noticed it with rubber-banding just yesterday. I was in the Tomb of Kings and it was bouncing horribly and throwing me out of stealth as it usually does. I went and hid in a corner and, when I was satisfied I wasn't going to bounce out again, I quit & restarted the client. It was much better afterwards.

Perhaps there is some over-arching problem inherent in running the client for a long time (or shorter time in the case of lower spec' computers). Memory leaks or something? Caching problems? I don't know such things as I'm not technically savvy. In any case I think they need look at making the client run more efficiently as time seems to be its enemy.