1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Skill Trainers in Haven

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Hunters' Moon, Feb 18, 2012.

1. Hunters' Moon

Hunters' Moon Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Why are the bardic skills not available to be bought up to 40,and the fast track quest to 50? Most every other skill has quests available. Is peacemaking,provoke,and discord left out on purpose?

2. lupushor

lupushor Guest

They don't want to increase the bard population, with all the Justin Biebers running around loose lately.

*winks*

I'm 100% for correcting this. Give us 50 bard skills so I won't have to make a new char.

3. Hunters' Moon

Hunters' Moon Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Ha! I'd be more of a Lynard Skynard type bard if it was an option.

4. Winker

Winker Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I'm sure under the correct medical supervision you will have a full recovery and start to appreciate the finer music in life like Pink Floyd

But yeah I went there the other day for Bushido and could not get it there. So I had to pop off to Tokuno islands and ended up with 25.6

5. Meatbread

Meatbread Journeyman

Bushido trainer in Haven is in a pagoda thingy north of town, and yes he takes you to 50.

6. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

There are several skills missing from the training in Haven. Barding skills are only a few of them. There is nothing for spellweaving perhaps this should be added to Heartwood. No mention of it at all in all of Haven so how would a new person even know of it at all?

I often wonder about that with Haven. Something needs done to address this. At one time I thought they were working on a new player experience. I oft times wonder what became of that. If ever we are going to get new players to the game the learning curve is getting increasingly more difficult.

Also there is nothing to Mysticism, Imbuing or Throwing in Haven. Haven is now behind the times. No Lockpicking, Stealing, Snooping, Cartography... Fishing... The list goes on...

7. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Don't forget there's not a Tailor quest either, and the NPC will only train you to 33.

That's pathetic, since with the revision to give both clients 4x30 basic templates, a basic blacksmith starts out 30 Smith, 30 mining, 30 Tinker, 30 Tailor. With skill buying, this becomes 40/40/40/33, and an hour of questing for the other 3 skills would make it 50/50/50/33, putting Tailor at a major disadvantage right off the start.

8. Spawn DF

Spawn DF Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

9. Ezekiel Zane

Ezekiel Zane Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Yeah they need to adjust all the NPCs that sell skill to 40.0 across the board. There certainly should be an increased skill gain area for each skill as well but allowing you to buy up to 40.0 for every skill would be a start.