1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Skill Training / Skill Jewelry Bonus Questions....

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Vexxed, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Vexxed

Vexxed Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

May 14, 2008
    Ok If someone knows the answer to this....

I know that the fastest way to train combat skills (Swords, Tactics, Anatomy etc) is to fight an opponent with EQUAL skill. What I'm not sure about is how skill increase jewelry effects this. If I'm at 60( REAL) Swords / Tac / Anatomy &I have +10 to each of those skills from skill jewelry is the most effective way to gain to fight a opponent with 60 OR 70 skills???

#1 Vexxed, Oct 13, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2012
  2. Merus

Merus Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran CasteoftheForgotten

Aug 10, 2010
    The check for skill is based on total skill... including all jewelry and armor.
  3. I believe 70.

Most of my experience in this subject is from golem beating. I know that if your skill is not close enough to your opponent, you won;t gain at all. For example whenever I've worked a melee skill, I buy 40 from the npc, train to 50 off NH quests, but even that's not enough initially to gain when hitting a golem with around 90 weapon skill (same with Tactics). So I have to throw on a few pieces of jewelry with usually +13 on each piece to raise those skills up to 76ish in order to gain, then slowly lose the jewelry as I gain those skills.
    #3 Smokes To Much, Oct 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2012