1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Skills and pets

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by feupa, Nov 10, 2010.

1. feupa

feupa Guest

-If i train Animal Tamming and Lore, tamme the pet and take off the skill, i can still MONT in the pet??

-About skills, i have 78 swords and use itens +skill for 120 swords, can i use the special move?

OBS: sorry my poor english.

2. Magdalene

Magdalene Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Moved from "Ask Devs" forum, as this is a much better place to get quick answers for those questions.

3. Xanth de Orlig

Xanth de Orlig Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend BRPA

I believe so ... i haven't tried in years ... I built up on jewels and such to tame a mount, then took everything off ... could still ride him, but could not really control him, would not listen to commands

again, I believe that you need the natural skill to perform the specials ...

i very well could be incorrect on one or both of these things ... if so i hope someone corrects me heh

good luck!

4. Reinzeld

Reinzeld Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I'm pretty sure Xanth is right on both counts. You have to have real skill to use weapon specials (therefore no UBWS, etc.), and I think you can ride a mount that you can't control--but I'd make sure I stay on it, otherwise you'll end up losing it.

5. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

UBWS works with weapon specials (but only with melee weapon skills) - Mage Weapon does not.

You still have to have the 70 or 90 real weapon skill in ONE of the melee weapon skilss, and real tactics of the same amount, to use the special moves.