1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Skills to lower mana cost of special moves

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by Sir Kenga, Jul 6, 2008.

1. Sir Kenga

Sir Kenga Guest

Can someone list them? i remember weapon skill, parrying, bushido, ninja.. what else?

2. Having trained a certain skill does not give lower mana cost. LMC comes on jewelry or armor. Now there are a couple of spells that might temporarely lmc but if anything its just a short little burst that doesnt last more than 30 seconds.

3. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Wrong, there are skills that give a special move mana reduction, 10 points for having 300 combined or 5 points for having 200 combined. I think one of them is poisoning, I don't know all of them.

4. Desperado_SE

Desperado_SE Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

This is what I could find on the Support page at uo.com...belive it is what your looking for:

5. Faith

Faith Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Will this stack with LMC ? So lets say a special move costs 100 mana, will it end up costing 50 mana with 40 LMC + 300 total skill?

6. Sir Kenga

Sir Kenga Guest

Thanx Desperado_SE, but i think that list was added with ninja and bushido and maybe something else.
    It will stuck with LMC.

7. Sir Kenga

Sir Kenga Guest

That's it. thanx!

8. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

With the release of Samurai Empire Bushido and Ninjitsu were added to that list.

9. Varrius

Varrius Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Does the extra lower mana cost from having 300 points in these skills apply only to the "real" skill or can I use a ring and bracelet with skills to receive the lower mana cost?

10. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Jewelry (and other items with skill bonuses, like some weapons, Dupre's Shield, and the Ancient Samurai Do) do count toward the 300.