1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

skills

Discussion in 'UO Players Corner' started by mana hit, Jan 19, 2015.

1. mana hit

mana hit Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

when you use a skill then try to use another one,youll get a message like,,you must wait another moment to use another skill,,,,,,,,,,well ive been getting that for about a month or so....cant use any skills,,,,,wondering if anyone knows how I screwed that up? ...thanks!

2. Tamais

Tamais Lake Austin Reporter
    Reporter Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Patron Editor

I'm not quite sure what your problem is. Is it that you are getting the message but able to cast the spell after the time expires?
    Or is it that you can no longer use any skills at all? The first one is working as designed. There is a delay put in between some skills. Often after the first skill fails. For example, I'm training hiding and stealth. If I fail to hide the timer makes me wait to try again. If it is the second, your character has developed a bug (no you didn't cause it) and I'm not sure how to fix it. You might try going over a server line or dying. You can also use the help. Hopefully someone else has some suggestions.

3. mana hit

mana hit Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

yes, I cannot use any skills at all,no matter how long I wait (like over a month now),ive recalled to diff places,same thing....just happening on one char though,,,,,ill try dying next ,see if that helps

4. cazador

cazador Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Ok this sound stupid but it worked for me.
    Go to the tinker and buy tinker tools
    Make a spoon
    Log out

And whallaha! You can use skills

Don't ask me why it worked I have zero clue. I read a really old post about it in the archive which I can't find and it worked..worth a try

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tamais likes this.
  5. mana hit

mana hit Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

thanks for the help,,,didn't work for me though,,paged help ,so well see how that goes,,,just weird lol,,,was def worth a try

6. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

I think that casting a spell that targets can fix this, though you might have to use a scroll to do so if a dexxer. The Best option would be to get a magic arrow scroll and target yourself with it.

7. mana hit

mana hit Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

thanks for all the help guys,,,tried casting every target spell I have,maybe if I got a long time to wait this weekend ill use the help button,tried it last night but took so long I went to bed,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i may try stoning all my skills,then put them back on and see if that helps..if not,i geuss ill just make another char,put skills on him and just work his stats up to par...........