1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Skree's

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Dixie of Chesapeake, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Dixie of Chesapeake

Dixie of Chesapeake Journeyman

ok i love em to bits! and i currently use mine altho he cant do much damage.....if there gonna take up 4 slots why not let them have more hit points, or go to 120 in their skills? id love to use my little girly pixie dragon to hunt something other than trolls and ogres....

MalagAste, christy1221 and RuSini Neb like this.
  2. RuSini Neb

RuSini Neb Journeyman

The same could be said about many of the pets.. I wish they would balance power levels effectively biased on followers, and possibly make it worth taking something else besides a greater to do solo stuffs...

Dixie of Chesapeake likes this.
  3. NBG

NBG Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I have to agree that 4 slot for a skree kind of make them useless. Maybe lower it to 2 slot so you can have a 3 slot pet tanking along with a skree?

4. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I strongly suspect these poor creatures are top of the list for the pet re-balance that's in the plans.

Samaira and christy1221 like this.
  5. Kyronix

Kyronix UO Designer
    VIP

This is one of the issues we are looking to address when we set our sights on revamping pets.

6. claudia-fjp

claudia-fjp Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Or buff the Skree to make it better than a greater dragon! That would solve the problem Mesanna has at events and being able to see the boss with 200 greater dragons around it. :)

AppleJax, Tjalle, Bazer and 1 other person like this.
  7. Nyses

Nyses Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Didn't the little Skree, originally cast Rising Colossus? That was deemed too powerful and removed. Seems like it would be fitting now, considering their power ans usefulness.

8. popps

popps Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I am sorry, but the ONE PET that deserves to be top of the list for pet revamping is the Reptalon. This pet has been relegated in the stables for way too many years now and I think it really deserves some true love!!

#8 popps, Oct 9, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  9. Flutter

Flutter Always Present

Beef em up. They would be awesome pets to actually PLAY with.

Bazer likes this.
  10. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox

I'm sure the Reptalon will be rebalanced too, but I have to say it's not as limited as a skree, which fully trained up to 7 x gm can't take on a regular poison elemental unless you peace the darn thing for it.

11. Kyronix

Kyronix UO Designer
    VIP

Personally, I love the skree, it's tiny and doesn't cover up all the beautiful mobs *cough* greater dragon *cough* :D

12. DankNuggets

DankNuggets Adventurer

Combine skree and reptalon together. Basically every pet in uo is a large physical damager or a strong magic caster. A greater dragon is both, dreads and bane dragons are both. With such strong "hybrid" pets you can't have a straight caster or straight meelee damager and have it strong. Reptalon has been weak since it came out, hard hard tame, too high of a requirement for control and overall just weak. It has no special ability to make it worthwhile. Cu's heal and bleed, Hiyru's dismount and have a physical resist debuff, rune beetles poison, bleed and cast. Bakes unload spells unlike any other monster in UO and have that rage attack for super fast interuptions (basically a weak bleed). What does a reptalon do? Oh it spits a fireball like every other pet.

I can see skree's being weak now if they cast RC's when they came out. They need lower follower slots and need to be turned up on myst spells (like bakes are with magery) or have hit points adjusted. But if you have a pet that summons an RC i can see it taking 4 or 5 slots, since the RC is 5 slots itself. I've played with them a few times and they seem to spam the sleep spell mostly. It's kind of like a necro pet in a way, it only really debuffs.

13. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I like the skree too ..... I'd like a fairy dragon as well... and while we are talking revamping such things please don't forget the poor reptalon. I would also love it if the Skree/Fairy Dragon came in a variety of colors.

And most of all please allow me to tame a Dread Spider.

#13 MalagAste, Oct 9, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  14. Mook Chessy

Mook Chessy Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

If we really do get a revamp I would love to see my idea from years ago implemented!

Brand every tamed pet with the date and name of the tamer! (seen when lored)

Imagine trying to find a Nightmare tamed by Mook from 2003 (when I sent email to devs about this)

With the way people collect it would be a very cool addition IMHO!

Samaira likes this.
  15. Dixie of Chesapeake

great idea!!!! then i could tame a pink pixie dragon!!! a cute little pink winged death lizard =) no game should be without one!

16. Dixie of Chesapeake

yay!!! ty =) *coughs* something about raptors being really strong in a pack of 4 or 5 while were at it =)

17. Gorbs

Gorbs Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I've never tamed a skree, but this post has me interested in doing so despite their current level of uselessness. Hopefully the revamp will take place and give a lot of creatures some love.