1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Slasher Cheated!

Discussion in 'UHall' started by ziggy29, Oct 2, 2010.

1. ziggy29

ziggy29 Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

So I was out with a few LA friends to have a go at Slasher this morning. We were originally attacking him on the east side of the chamber, around the large square platform with the large rock on it.

Slasher was repeatedly teleporting us on to the platform (from which we can't get down) and easily killing us. Not only could our ghosts not get off the platform (we had to use the "we're stuck" on the help menu), but it was impossible to retrieve our bodies and the unblessed/uninsured stuff in our packs (lots of bandages and orange petals among other things) which were lost for good.

For a while it looked like Slasher was stuck up there, too.

Is this a bug? It doesn't seem to me that a creature teleporting you to a place where you are sure to quickly die (before a chance to recall out, even) and where you can't move your ghost or recover your body after resurrection can be a desired behavior.

2. Babble

Babble Guest

Chances are it is a bug.
    Chances also are that this bug might be in for quite some time, so better start thinking about methods to avoid getting stuck there?

3. It was a near thing, but I managed to use Sacred Journey to get out of there. I have my rune book hot keyed and I just kept hitting it until I could get out. If you are a mage, you should be able to get recall off with protection. It pays th have an emergency recall macro.

4. It Lives

It Lives Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

You can also use a silver seed for a one shot re-locating rez.

I know its a cost issue,the undertakers staff can reclaim all your stuff from 100 tiles away.

The staff has saved me a few times in similar situations

5. Omnius

Omnius Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

the what? where is that from?

6. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

7. Omnius

Omnius Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

how many charges does it have? Do they recharge?

8. puni666

puni666 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Lure him away from that area. Just lure him south of where he spawns instead of north and you'll be fine.