1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Slasher teleports through walls?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Winter, May 16, 2013.

1. Winter

Winter Lore Keeper

I was on my dungeon thief today, running through the Abyss picking up the stealable spawn when I ran through its area to pick up the potted plants. I saw Slasher off to the side, so I ducked into a building nearest Slasher. This lets me get safely paralyzed by its gaze and wait until the timer wears off - I've been doing this since the fist day of SA release.

Today however, Slasher immediately aggros me and then teleports directly on top of me. Through the walls! I'm paralyzed, but get off a timely heal and survived to run away. The doorway was on the opposite wall, so I know it didn't teleport through that way. I thought that Slasher could teleport, but didn't realize it could teleport through walls. I didn't think anything could teleport through walls.

Is this normal?

2. Quickblade

Quickblade Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

it is an AI introduced to Slasher as well as some other Bosses like Stygian Dragon or Rikktor to prevent some kind of grief stuck/kill I guess. So if you are at a place where he cant reach you manually to attack you he will teleport. Slasher is also able to cast spells through walls, I just dont know why they didnt introduced that to all bosses to prevent griefs : Semidar you can kill her from distance no problem, she will never teleport, find the error...

#2 Quickblade, May 16, 2013
    Last edited: May 16, 2013
  3. Winter

Winter Lore Keeper

Thank you, Quickblade.

I have been running around Slasher since day one and this was the first time I've encountered the AI. It makes a lot of sense, since there are so many buildings in the area. I just need to make sure I have my big girl panties on next time I run through there.