1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Slayer Property

Discussion in 'UHall' started by radams, May 16, 2011.

1. radams

radams Guest

Okay, I tried looking for the answer to this and there are so many conflicting answers. Does the slayer property cause the character to take more damage from the opposite slayer group? (i.e. will wearing the conjurer's trinket cause you to take 50% more damage or whatever it is from the repond group?)
  2. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

I thought it was double damage from the opposing group. I think forgotten servants are an exception - they're anti undead, anti repond, or seems so - double x2.
  3. Mr. Smither1

Mr. Smither1 Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Mar 6, 2004
    If you have Conjour's Trinket on you will take double damage from any repond monster, its not a big deal until your fighting bosses like Medusa, Corgul, Lurg, Baracoon.
  4. radams

radams Guest

Okay that's what I needed to know. The stratics section on this property listed this functionality in the "history" section. The uoguides site said this was thought to be dead at one point but is now in the game again. I saw a forum post where two sampires were testing this with a repond slayer and an undead slayer (the results were very strange- I know, it's pvp and the rules are a bit different). I wasn't sure what was the most updated information.

So it seems like it's really a bad idea to mix different slayers, like say having a conjurer's trinket with soul seeker. You'd be taking double damage from humanoids and undead...
  5. 5% Luck

5% Luck Guest

Im fairly sure this was changed around the implementation of chivalry. When that went in the code that was used for slayers was changed and was somewhat transferred to the Enemy of One spell which does add extra damage to you from "any" other creature type where slayers no longer have an opposing group attached in code. Though some old code my remain for creatures that have not been touched in as long as that change took place it is very rare.
  6. mjolnir131

mjolnir131 Guest

and about 2 years ago or so it was placed back in the game.as it stands today super slayers do extra damage from their opposite group
  7. Lord X

Lord X Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Apr 10, 2007
    Yeah if you use the Big Majik Flippers to turn into an Orc and then attack someone using a conjurer's trinket, they take double damage. Otherwise, basically what Mr. Smither1 said.
  8. mjolnir131

mjolnir131 Guest

i thought all slayer damage did not work in PvP
  9. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Jul 16, 2003
    Polymorph, shapechange and necro forms come into play in PVP, but IIRC slayer damage bonuses are at half (+50% instead of +100%). I don't know if this applies to opposing slayer damage. And, it probably falls under the standard 100% DI cap for PvP.