1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Slayer spellbooks do not enhance Word of Death

Discussion in 'UO Spellcaster' started by Guest, Dec 9, 2007.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I have just tested it for sure on the Dark Father. A Dark Father has 30% in all resistances, which makes it the perfect test case since Word of Death deals chaos damage. With or without a slayer spellbook in hand I was doing the exact same amount of damage. With a 10% spell damage increase spellbook in hand I was doing 10% additional damage.
  2. Trukx

Trukx Guest

sounds correct in my experience. Hello scappers and 25 SDI.
  3. Lord Kotan

Lord Kotan Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

May 16, 2008
  4. Guest

Guest Guest

I don't think so. I tested this a long time ago when Spellweaving first came out and it didn't work then. A few months later I told someone that slayers didn't work but then another person claimed they did. Instead of retesting I just accepted their conclusion.

But last night I was using slayer spellbooks and it didn't enhance my damage at all, so I did a retest.
  5. Calvin

Calvin Guest

You could test perhaps thunderstorm and wind and see if they do anything different. I have not noticed any effects of slayers with spellweaving.
  6. Wildfire is also unaffected.
  7. It should be noted that really, since we are talking about magery books, it makes sense that only magery spells take on the slayer property.
  8. Slayer spellbooks only work on spells that determine their damage using your evaluate intelligence skill.

All spells in the category are magery spells, but not all offensive magery spells are in that category.

These are the spells (assuming I don't miss one)
    Magic Arrow
    Energy Bolt
    Chain Lightning
    Meteor Shower
  9. Correct, only SDI affects Spellweaving. I have tested this on many mobs using the guilds slayer books. This one is pretty nailed down.

Also of note, Slayers and SDI will not affect summoned creatures damage.
    (Tested this one as well. Note: Eval. Int. was not tested in this, just slayers and SDI.)

Natures Fury
    Summon Fey
    Summon Imp
    Blade Spirits
    Summon Creature
    Summon Earth Ellemental
    Summon Air Ellemental
    Summon Water Ellemental
    Summon Fire Ellemental
    Summon Deamon
    Energy Vortex

In closing, for extreeme fun, get a level 6 focus and a ton of SDI (100+) and use wildfire. Full screen burning death is so entertaining on crowds of mobs.
  10. Elric_Soban

Elric_Soban Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Dec 7, 2004
    Slayer spellbooks only affect Magery spells.. no necro, chiv, or sw are affected..