1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Slayer spellbooks

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Zayin666, Sep 14, 2009.

1. Zayin666

Zayin666 Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

What slayer spellbooks are most wanted?
    I know demon slayer is rare, but what about dragon slayer?

And are there any other slayerbooks that are worth keeping/selling?

What do you think?

2. PsychoKinetic

PsychoKinetic Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Reptile slayer book is a little better than dragon; covers dragons, hiryu and more.

Spell Damage Increase is good on any book.

3. Zayin666

Zayin666 Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

So basicly what I want to create is either Demon or Reptile slayer with as many side properties as possible?

I guess some slayers are too specific to be any good... like "Snow Elemental Slayer" ?

Of course I can test this myself if I ever get any of these books, but how much damage is added by the slayer? I have the scrappers compendium now.. which adds 25% sdi... how much more will the slayer give me?

Thanks

4. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

The slayer property gives double damage (100%) to your direct damage spells (with the exception of mind blast and harm).

Any super slayer (repond, reptile, demon, elemental, undead) have their uses.

My tamer uses a dragon slayer spell book frequently (very handy when fighting white wyrms, for example).

5. Zayin666

Zayin666 Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Ahh.. thanks... so I can actually get a slayer book that just says "Elemental" that will work against all elementals?

I got a gargoyle slayer... I wonder if that will work work against gargoyle players in pvp :)

6. Darhon

Darhon Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Hmmm, there was some changes as i can remember with slayers and super slayers...
    But can't remember what was changed..

7. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Gargoyle slayer is a subset of demon slayer. It has no special use in PvP vs gargoyle characters.

Be prepared to burn a lot of scrolls in attempts to make a super slayer spellbook. It is very hit or miss and you can go through tens of thousands of scrolls without making any.

There is more discussion on inscription in the spellcasting forum. You may want to look there at past threads.

-OBSIDIAN-

8. Silverbird

Silverbird Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Normal slayers now do tripple damage, while super slayers stay at double damage. (or at elast that is, what the description on the imbuing menu says about slayer.)
    I can confirm, that I am now doing one hits with my macer with a fitting slayer creature, where I had to use EOO to do before SA. I dont know, if that is the same for slayer spellbooks.

9. Zayin666

Zayin666 Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Ohh nice.. so the 2 dragon slayer spellbooks I made will be extremely usefull when fighting plain dragons :)

Thanks

10. ACB1961

ACB1961 Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

You sure thats not just a misprint. It doesn't make any sense otherwise for a normal slayer to do 50% more damage than a superslayer. Course it won't take 30 secs to find out testing it. I did notice i was doing 170 on an ebolt on an Earth Elemental with an Elemental slayer so its probably both of them.

11. HillBilly

HillBilly Guest

It was discussed and tested on Retribution during closed/open beta.

It so the normal slayers have some value without degrading super slayers (since they cover more monsters.) Previously anything less than a super slayer would be discarded. IE: If I had to choose between Reptile or a dragon slayer I wouldve chosen the reptile just because. But now, if Im fighting a dragon I would take my dragon slayer for the extra damage.

12. Zayin666

Zayin666 Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Makes sense!

And I finally got my Demon Slayer spellbook.. burned 7k scrolls to get it :)