1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Slayers and Casting.

Discussion in 'UHall' started by RealityCheck, Dec 20, 2008.

1. RealityCheck

RealityCheck Guest

Will we ever be able to use slayer's for necro?
    Also why is it that i must have a slayer book in my hand in order for it to work with magery? Why cant we use a sc slayer weapon?
  2. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Jul 26, 2008
    The answer to all your questions is: it's magic.

You see there's a difference between recalling a spell from memory (which of course requires the security of knowing you have it somewhere in your possession) vs actually having those sharpened runes right in your hand - it's like the difference between writing a sentence and copying it in a specific font. A silver sword doesn't help you whisper the runes and better.

As for necromancy, that's a very different sort of magic - very edgey and everything a necromancer speaks has a touch of slayerness to it already.

I hope that helps :)