1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

sleep immunity timer?

Discussion in 'UO Test Center' started by frostbolt, Mar 27, 2010.

1. frostbolt

frostbolt Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

is this thing only in pvp? or does it apply to pvm as well.

2. Shelleybean

Shelleybean Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

It applies to pvm as well.

3. frostbolt

Stratics Veteran

well...thats pretty useless, why would i ever use sleep over paralyze now?..

4. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

well sleep gives -40 dci,hci and ssi ples -4 fastercast recovery and -2 faster cast iwould not call it usless

5. AzSel

AzSel Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

If youre not using any FC/FCR items will you then end up being -2 FC and -4 FCR?

6. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator

7. puni666

puni666 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Do you know how many people use trapped boxes to negate the effect? All they have to do is pop the box (some people magically insta box) and then they're immune to it for 26 seconds... The timer paired up with a box makes it completely useless. Understand?

8. frostbolt

Stratics Veteran

that and most monsters in pvm seem to cast their spells instantly anyway, i dont really see how the new sleep has any effect on spell casting monsters.

9. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator

The timer I agree should go away ! The boxes will never go away boxes they are here to stay!
    they have been here for as long as I can remember if you think you can get them changed more power to you!

10. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator

I have been messing with this a lot and I have noticed a difference for sure with non spell casters! and a slight slow down in casting speed for the casters! the duration seems to short and the 26 seconds is way to long! in my opinion!

11. Airhaun

Airhaun Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Abolish the sleep timer; that's my vote.

12. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator

This is what is going live on origin today!

• Immunity has been changed to the following scale, 3-12 second scaling by player Magic Resist skill. Player must have 30 or more resist to extent sleep immunity beyond 3 seconds.

13. WarUltima

WarUltima Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

3 second immunity and still gets instant tboxes out?

Why couldnt they put a damage threshold? Leave the immunity 3 to 12 second if you want but make it so you have to do at least 20 damage to break out of the effect... as it is at ZERO (0) resist skill versus 120 Mysticism/120 Focus legendary mystics... you sleep they insta-tbox... for the next 3 seconds they are running away in straight line and they are gone and if you get to catch them and slept them again *pop tbox again* take 4 dmg... peace out im gone... :confused:

14. Logrus

Logrus UO Legend
    VIP Stratics Veteran

There is a damage threshold for breaking out of sleep.

15. puni666

puni666 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

So why not tell us what it is?.....

16. UOKaiser

UOKaiser Guest

How about pvm? How does it really effect them other than nerfing the spell even more than it is nerfed already? Really if you going to have something changed to increase pvp value please put a different change for pvm value. The both should not be mutually inclusive. Do monsters even have dci or fc or swing speed. They don't seem to have any limits you know.