1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Sleep Spell

Discussion in 'UHall' started by The_Dude_, Apr 6, 2010.

1. The_Dude_

The_Dude_ Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Is the sleep spell working as intended? With 120 resist I am moving slow for 7 seconds and it is not broken by damage. I can eat an apple to counter it's effects but I can not eat an apple as frequently as I am hit by the spell. This is way overpowering. All players are doing now is chaining sleep. Nice way to screw up pvp...again.

2. Cetric

Cetric Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

I haven't tried it or anything, but i was under the impression resist completely countered sleep. did you get omened by chance?

3. The_Dude_

The_Dude_ Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I was not omened, and have tested since...omen does not effect the spell hitting. I do resist 4/5 but have been hit 3 times in a row. So in essence I can be hit frequently enough to not be able to counter the spell using any means.

Talk about overpowered.

4. Lefty

Lefty Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I have yet to check this out, but I am going too.

What is the timer between apples anyways?

It says if you take damage the stupor effect breaks the effect. On what you say this kind of counters what is stated, the upside if it is true then it is one effect that cannot be trapped boxed out of.

In all honesty it should be treated as a curse and should take a apple, remove curse to break.

5. jtw1984

jtw1984 Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I'm assuming since you are complaining you probably play a warrior. Have you thought about setting a hotkey for a trapped box? When you get sleep spam just set that off.

You can still heal on the run, use pots, use orange petals, trinsic petals, apples, and you could even throw on chivalry.

What else am I forgetting?

6. AzSel

AzSel Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Freaking apples, way to short cooldown! 20 seconds...pffft, double it atleast:D

7. The_Dude_

The_Dude_ Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

No I am not a warrior, I am a mage. I get hit with sleep, eat an apple, get hit again with sleep and now it's near insta death. Casting time is so slow I can't heal damage, I can barely move out of range and must wait 20 seconds before I can eat another apple or 7-10 seconds of being in a stupor. Taking damage does not break the effects.

Not working as intended or something they slipped in to make the skill overpowered to entice players to buy the expansion?? You decide...