1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Sleeping Polar Bears?

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by Guest, Jan 4, 2008.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

So is it me, or do PBs laydown when you go off screen? Then when you come back they stand up.

Am I seeing things? I never seen this before.

2. Guest

Guest Guest

You must have eaten the worm.

3. Llewen

Llewen Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

It is true that mobs don't do anything when there are no players within range. As for lying down and sleeping, not sure on that one...

4. I thought I was seeing things! It's not just me!!

I could swear, one time entering Painted Caves, that Lurg and 4 Trogs were sitting on the floor PLAYING CARDS!!

It was just for an instant, then they all aggro'd on me... but I'm pretty sure I saw them.

[​IMG]

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Hehe you guys are rough. [​IMG]

I took some screen shots to show what I mean.

I just come on screen. Notice how it looks like it getting up?
    [​IMG]
    This one I am closer.
    [​IMG]
    Here its standing.
    [​IMG]

Maybe its just the way that the graphics are loading. Still pretty neat though.

6. JoyousGard

JoyousGard Guest

Yeah, that is what happens in KR, not sure about 2D. Some of the monsters and animals have that kind of an animation when you enter the screen. It makes sense when they spawn (it is also the same animation), but it is kind of weird if you keep passing the same one sleeping on the job. It's cool though.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Cool, here I thought I was going bonkers. [​IMG]

8. Guest

Guest Guest

A lot of things do that.
    In fact I think if you are not mounted you yawn when you first log in (or you used to)

9. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

A lot of things do that.
    In fact I think if you are not mounted you yawn when you first log in (or you used to)

[/ QUOTE ]I miss that!

10. Guest

Guest Guest

I thought I saw a sleeping polar bear the other day... turns out it was just dead [​IMG]