1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Slightly OT: Kudos to Stratics Staff for the forum restore

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Jaimes, Aug 12, 2008.

1. Jaimes

Jaimes Guest

Thanks guys for working hard to get all the forum stuff back together. It looks like the professions forums were restored and a lot of old posts are there, which was no doubt tedious and mindnumbingly boring. So, yeah.. Kudos!

And this forum has broccoli, too. :danceb::danceb::danceb:

2. Sneaky Que

Sneaky Que Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

The old ones were much better IMO, these forums just feel like any other generic forum out there.

3. Erekose

Erekose Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Yes they did a good job fixing a bad situation. Hopefully moving forward they'll keep a backup of the DB ;)

4. Aboo

Aboo Guest

Yes they did a good job and I was lucky as my post got imported. However, I know that my sister lost all of her old posts. She makes good, intelligent posts and it was sad that they didn't get imported.

5. _zigzag_

_zigzag_ Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Yeah...we did lose some posts/usernames...some data just wasn't recovered. :(

The internet Wench of Wrecking wasn't biased in her choosing though...my old ID was one she ate heh.

6. o2bavr6

o2bavr6 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I sure would love it if they made it to when you selected the "UHall" forum link, that when the page loaded it would bring you right to the UHall link and not the top of the page, forcing us to scroll down. ;)

7. Aboo

Aboo Guest

Even though my sister's wasn't one of the lucky ones to get restored you all did a great job working to recover what you could. Thank you!

8. Aboo

Aboo Guest

Oh so it's not just me! I thought maybe I wasn't doing something right!

Can we not choose the "color" now of the forums either?

9. Llewen

Llewen Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

I strongly disagree. The old forums software sucked. This is lightyears better. There is a good reason why most competent forums admins aren't using ten year old software...

Congrats on getting everything up and running again. I host a gaming clan website with forums, and have done so for over four years now, complete with some major catastrophes requiring full restores, so I have the tiniest inkling of the amount of work involved.

10. Nok

Nok Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

QFT. /agreed

11. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

Nothing will beat the ORIGINAL UHall forum software (the one used BEFORE UBB).

Sad that threaded modes have been basically destroyed.