1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Slimer Event

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Banner, Dec 16, 2008.

1. Banner

Banner Guest

Could somone give me the run down on how the whole SLIME thing works?? I mean I think I read some where that you follow the SLIME around and you can dye stuff??? I read on UO to where there going to do another SLIME event with the 57th pub.. just wanted to be ready for it, so could some one give me the scoop on this.. thx

2. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

You and your network of contacts wander the land looking for a special slime somewhere in the world. When you find it, it acts like a wandering dye tub: double click it then target the item you want to dye. After a while, it teleports to a new location somewhere else in the world with a different hue.

(at least that's how the Japanese version worked according to tales I've read)

3. NewThunder

NewThunder Guest

Something different for this incarnation of the slime event is that the slimes "can dye artifacts and magically enhanced items!"

4. Kellgory

Kellgory Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Not sure how it is going to be set-up for us, but the Asian shards used the 24 AOS colors (6 shades of Purple, Blue, Orange, and Green), and there were 24 locations that these slimes could be in. Each day 2 new slimes would spawn at two different locations and different color each, and it was our job to check the spots. You can probably look back on the Rares Forum to see posts that noted what colors and locations were spawned for all the shards. The location and color would only spawn once, so at the end of the two week event each shard would have all the colors and locations used. The slime would be the color that it dyed the items and generally stayed in the location is was spawned. If it wondered to far, it would teleport back. To dye the item, all you needed to do was get near it, be out of war mode (slime could not be harmed, nor would it harm you), double click the slime then target item to dye.

5. Xanthril of LA

Stratics Veteran

6. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

Well, I wonder where we will find the first slime on Origin....

7. Lynk

Lynk Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Would be cool if they were tameable! I'd get a shadow one!